Ipod interface in 2005 civic?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 10:45 PM
Question Ipod interface in 2005 civic?

hi

I want to play my ipod in my car. I didnt think it would be as hard as it actually is. I've had absolutely NO luck with fm transmitters, so i'm looking into the interface that plugs into the stereo

i have the factory stereo with the 6 cd changer.

anyone have a stock '05 with an ipod interface installed? recommendations would be awesome!!

thanks.
Tcup

Old 07-27-2005, 11:14 PM
Default Re: Ipod interface in 2005 civic?

http://peripheralelectronics.com/2002/ipod.asp

Last edited by tbaleno; 07-27-2005 at 11:22 PM.
Old 07-28-2005, 06:33 AM
Enthusiast

I know a couple companies such as MONSTER and ICE>link have a couple versions of iPod adapters, but you are going to have to give up that CD changer as all of the iPod adapters require cd changer controls to operate. Though I must add that according to both Monster's website and The ICE>link system, their systems only work through '04 Civics? I will call Monster later and ask if their system will work with the '05 Civic CD changer interface.

On a different note, I find that the iTune works better in my '05 HCH than it has in any vehicle I have ever driven. It is almost static free.

Old 07-28-2005, 08:03 AM
Active Enthusiast

why waste the money, turn the ac off, roll down the windows and listen to the birds and the trees you are saving.

So, before I get flamed, Im just kidding. I used the Itrip FM dealy and it was pathetic even in the outskirts of Omaha, NE. I cant imagine what would happen down town. I switched to the monster version. It works great. I only had to change the station a few times right away, but now I have stuck on one station all summer.

thats my .02

Old 07-28-2005, 05:58 PM

yeah...i live in los angeles....so the itrip was just a waste of money.

nothings ever simple is it?

i hope i dont have to lose the 6-cd changer....i've only had my car for about 2 weeks!

Old 07-28-2005, 10:03 PM
Active Enthusiast

if you do decide to get rid of your 6 disc, I might be interested. I am not sure how much they go for, but that would be awful nice to have.

Old 07-29-2005, 04:40 AM
Brains of the Operation

I've got the iTrip FM transmitter, and I keep my iPod in my cupholder while driving. It plays a pretty good sound, no static, though the only time I've used it so far is in and around Columbia, SC. I'm making a trip up to DC today, so I'll let you know the full verdict after the iTrip has been trip-tested.

Old 07-29-2005, 12:00 PM
Enthusiast

You all are nuts. I use my iTrip every day. Up and down the highways from San Diego, thru LA, Riverside, all the way up to Oregon! No problems when set to 87.9. In fact, I love the way the iPod fits in the compartment under the radio.

I am, however looking into a Pioneer navigation unit that offers an iPod interface. Model AVIC-N2. I have asked in this forum if anyone has installed one yet on their Civic with no luck.

Can't live without my iPod!

Old 07-29-2005, 01:14 PM
Enthusiast

I completely agree! That pocket is perfect for my 40GB iPod photo and iTrip. I think the sound quality is near perfect in my HCH. I just picked up a Griffin PowerPod, and now I won't need to take my iPod out of my car to charge it. I have actually heard that charging your iPod while using iTrip actually boosts the signal. Don't know if its true or not, read it on iLounge.

Old 07-31-2005, 08:45 PM
Enthusiast

I had the itrip and it would always fade out; I always ended up holding the ipod in my hand. I installed the USA-spec ipod interface. I forgot how much sound quality is lost through a FM transmitter. You would need to disconnect your disc changer. I would prefer my ipod to six disc changer though.
Keep in mind that you can buy a FM Modulator which plugs directly into your stereos antenna jack. Those never fade out. You would need to tap into the cigarette lighter type thing for power (easy to do).
For the interface i have, heres some pros and cons.

Pros - no external power needed to supply the interface, interface charges ipod, disc 1 through 5 are each a different playlist, disc 6 is everything on your ipod, random feature, it's super easy to install and no wires showing, and best of all is that you don't lose any sound quality.

Cons - playlists have to be named HONDA1 ,HONDA2, etc, you cant see song titles, its hard to find a specific song (solution - unplug ipod, select song as you normally would, pause song, then plug it back in. it will start where you paused it [hope that makes sense]), you can't skip back to begining of a song in random mode ("fast rewind" only), it costs around $100, and the worst thing is that mine will randomly stop in the middle of a song and skip to the next song (kinda sucks when you into a song)

Hope this is some help to you.

Quick Reply: Ipod interface in 2005 civic?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands