IT'S FINALLY HERE!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 11:49 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default IT'S FINALLY HERE!!

I just received a phone call from my salesperson about 45min ago and he said it just got off the truck!! YIPEE!!! Now the real fun starts tonight as I try and negotiate a better price or at least get the dealer holdback of 2% back from them.

Old 01-12-2006, 11:56 AM
Banned
Default Re: IT'S FINALLY HERE!!

Santa came late!

Old 01-12-2006, 02:11 PM
World's First Hybrid

Originally Posted by Mikeyt758
I just received a phone call from my salesperson about 45min ago and he said it just got off the truck!! YIPEE!!! Now the real fun starts tonight as I try and negotiate a better price or at least get the dealer holdback of 2% back from them.
Congratulations and best of luck with the new wheels.

Next time I'm at the honda dealer, think I'll go for a test ride in 06-HCH just to compare.

Old 01-12-2006, 06:08 PM
G.H. Contributor
Thumbs up Re: IT'S FINALLY HERE!!

Congrats on the New Arrival.

Terry

Old 01-13-2006, 06:21 AM
Active Enthusiast

Thanks everyone on the congrats! I went and did all the paperwork last night and I pick it up this afternoon !! We took it for a test drive and it was wonderful to drive I must say and I could hardly feel the ICE come on after stopping at a light. It just seemed smoother to me than I thought it would be. And this is the first time I have driven a hybrid.

I walked out the door paying $23060. including taxes due to a trade-in. Yeah, I know it is better to sell your trade-in yourself but I just didn't want the hassle of it all. They wouldn't budge with the giving me the dealer holdback amount which kinda pissed me off. But they know they have us by the you know whats when no other dealer around has any. The finance manager tried selling me a Hondacare extended warranty as I wanted a 7yr/120k because I put alot of miles on a car every year. His price was $1586!! I told him he was out of his friggen mind and that I found it on some websites for $500 to $600 cheaper than that. But he didn't really care and didn't even offer me a lower price for it after I showed him where I found it cheaper. So I guess I will just buy it online from another dealer.

Old 01-13-2006, 02:48 PM
Active Enthusiast

Congrats!

Magnetic Pearl or Metallic Grey?

Cheers!

Old 01-17-2006, 09:12 AM
Active Enthusiast

It is Magnetic Pearl according to Honda. To me it looks like a bluish/Grey at night and a greyish/Blue during the day.

Old 01-17-2006, 09:35 AM
MEAN TO BE GREEN ACTIVIST

Originally Posted by Mikeyt758
It is Magnetic Pearl according to Honda. To me it looks like a bluish/Grey at night and a greyish/Blue during the day.
Mikeyt,
That's what I have also. Let us know how you do in the cold. My mileage has dropped from 42.2 to 41.7 with a drop in temp. This is mostly on short trips (1 & 1/2 tanks). I'm south of Buffalo, NY. I love the car and am looking forward to warmer weather. Congrats on your new ride. Enjoy !!

Old 01-17-2006, 02:56 PM
Active Enthusiast

Hope you don't mind, but I was looking for a cold-weather pity party, and well, I found yours first!

Here's my recent numbers for my 33 mile trip into work (net +220 ft vertical):

1/13 - 49.5 mpg; temp 40, roads clear, 6 mph headwind, avg speed 58, no heat
1/16 - 44.9 mpg; temp -4, ice-caked roads, 6 mph tailwind, avg speed 40, minimal heater
1/17 - 40.2 mpg; temp 0, roads mostly clear, no wind, avg speed 55, ran the heater the whole way

Oh well, in less than two weeks we hit the bottom of the seasonal temp curve! Looks like I'll never be a hypermiler, however

Old 01-17-2006, 03:09 PM

Well, if by dropping 40 degrees you droped 9mpg imagine increaseing to 80 degrees? Don't use the AC and you should gain 9MPG over your peak. And it stays warmer longer than the realy bad cold. Don't give up hope yet.

Quick Reply: IT'S FINALLY HERE!!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands