Ivory interior good or bad

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 02:45 PM
Enthusiast
Default Ivory interior good or bad

Hi all,
I recently discovered this forum and have found a wealth of valuable info. I will be picking up my new 06 HCH w/Nav on Monday. Needless to say, I am a very excited camper. I thought I would have to wait months (especially for the NAV), but the dealer (Sport Honda) had a customer cancel at the last minute. The color is Galaxy Grey with an ivory interior. I read one thread about blue vs. ivory interiors and their pros and cons. I wonder if any of you with ivory interiors could comment on their looks and how they are holding up. Also, would it be wise to treat the seats with some sort of 3M fabric protector (I am assuming there is such a product for car interiors)? Thanks in advance. I will certainly post my experiences and mileage after getting the car.

Old 02-04-2006, 04:51 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Ivory interior good or bad

I believe the Ivory is esthetically excellent. Regardless of the color, the interior fabric will get just as dirty; it's just that you can't see it on the darker color. I am sure Honda has taken the wear characteristics of the fabric into account. You will love the color coordination of the Ivory interior (mats, dash, door panels, etc.)

Old 02-04-2006, 05:12 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I strongly dislike ivory interior.
When it gets dirty, and it will, it looks terrible - especially the carpeting.

The gray will look much better much longer.

I don't understand Chukbug when s/he says:
"Regardless of the color, the interior fabric will get just as dirty; it's just that you can't see it on the darker color."

This sounds like something George Carlin would point out, or a Zen Koan, or something.

Like Duh!
That's the whole point of dark grey interior.
So is that supposed to be some kind of argument for getting Ivory?

Last edited by kenny; 02-04-2006 at 06:29 PM.
Old 02-04-2006, 05:50 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lancecov
Hi all,
I recently discovered this forum and have found a wealth of valuable info. I will be picking up my new 06 HCH w/Nav on Monday. Needless to say, I am a very excited camper. I thought I would have to wait months (especially for the NAV), but the dealer (Sport Honda) had a customer cancel at the last minute. The color is Galaxy Grey with an ivory interior. I read one thread about blue vs. ivory interiors and their pros and cons. I wonder if any of you with ivory interiors could comment on their looks and how they are holding up. Also, would it be wise to treat the seats with some sort of 3M fabric protector (I am assuming there is such a product for car interiors)? Thanks in advance. I will certainly post my experiences and mileage after getting the car.
I do not own a honda but I have the Ivory seats in my prius.. I wish I could have gotten a darker color.. The wife has the nak of spilling things on the seat.

The detail shop loves me as they have the tools to get it out and even though they treat the cloth with stain gaurd she still manages to spill stuff I cant get out and have to take to the detailers.....

The next car will have a darker color int....!

Old 02-04-2006, 06:57 PM
Active Enthusiast

My Dad has the ivory interior in his '03, I've got the charcoal in my '05....

I recall when my Dad bought his car in '03, the salesman told us that they only made the Hybrids using light exterior and interior colors, so they would stay cooler and wouldn't tax the A/C system. In '04 Honda made the HCH available with darker exterior and interior colors. I'm not sure if the salesman was BSing us, but it made sense, having said that and having a magnesium HCH with the charcoal interior, I prefer the lighter ivory interior based on the fact that it's easier on the A/C in the summer.

Old 02-04-2006, 08:18 PM
G.H. Contributor
Lightbulb Re: Ivory interior good or bad

Originally Posted by lancecov
Hi all,
Hi;

I don't have the Ivory Interior. However I do work at a dealership for the past 10-Yrs. When you pick up your HCH ll go by the Parts department and they should Stock the Treatment you need for the Interior. If not they will order it for you.

HTH;

Terry

Old 02-04-2006, 09:34 PM

I have the two toned blue interior. I am not wild about the combination. However, I didn't have a choice in that I wanted the silver exterior.

Besides, I (and everyone that's in the car) it too busy looking at the two tiered dash and Nav system.

Old 02-04-2006, 09:39 PM
Active Enthusiast

I have the dark blue, and would not choose the ivory interior if at all possible. Yes it looks lovely but don't see how it will stay lovely. As Kenny says your carpet will get the worst--think of what the winter rains and mud will do. Think about kids, and coffee spills. If scotchguard can protect all that, get it.

Old 02-04-2006, 09:58 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tarabell
I have the dark blue, and would not choose the ivory interior if at all possible. Yes it looks lovely but don't see how it will stay lovely. As Kenny says your carpet will get the worst--think of what the winter rains and mud will do. Think about kids, and coffee spills. If scotchguard can protect all that, get it.
I hear this simple-minded viewpoint all the time...

Go get all-weather floormats, a can of ScotchGuard, a can of Resolve, and a coffee cup with a lid on it at Wal-Mart. Shouldn't cost you more than 30 bucks. I don't have kids, but if little kids are riding in the back seat, just put a towel back there.

If you are spilling coffee all over the place and having kids throwing up in the back seat, no color interior is going to save you from having your car look like inside of a dump truck.

=)

Old 02-05-2006, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by Jacky
If you are spilling coffee all over the place and having kids throwing up in the back seat, no color interior is going to save you from having your car look like inside of a dump truck.
Here, here.

Go with with looks good and don't worry about it.

Quick Reply: Ivory interior good or bad

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands