Just installed new Navi, Backup Cam, and Bluetooth!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 07:41 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Just installed new Navi, Backup Cam, and Bluetooth!!!

Where did they mount the Navi antenna?

Also, does it get good reception in this location?

Old 04-14-2006, 07:47 AM
Enthusiast

A few tips for anyone thinking about untaking a project like this:

1. Metra will soon have a gunmetal colored dash kit to match a Civic with tan interior

2. No wiring harness is available at this time which means cutting/splicing is necessary to install an aftermarket unit. Metra will soon have the proper wiring harness as well.

3. There are gunmetal colored dash kits on Ebay by 2 different sellers. While these kits match color perfectly, no brackets are included, making it difficult to install some units (such as the Pioneer AVIC-D2 shown in this thread).

I am collecting all necessary parts at this time, but am waiting to start on the installation until such time the proper wire harness is available. I will keep everyone up to date with helpful details and pictures as I have them.

Old 04-14-2006, 09:10 AM
EKL
Active Enthusiast

The Navi antenna is located above the rear view mirror (inside the front windshield). You can't see it if you are not looking for it. The reception is Great!

Originally Posted by wstiefer
Where did they mount the Navi antenna?

Also, does it get good reception in this location?

Old 04-14-2006, 09:17 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by EKL
The Navi antenna is located above the rear view mirror (inside the front windshield). You can't see it if you are not looking for it. The reception is Great!
Thanks for the quick reply!

Do your steering wheel mounted audio controls still work?

Also, what did you do with the original stereo? I was thinking about trying to sell mine on Ebay.

Old 04-14-2006, 09:24 AM
EKL
Active Enthusiast

1. I used the Metra dash kit. The quality is OK not 100% perfect.
2. I have the professional install the system without the wiring harness but there are antenna kit and streeting wheel control kit (PAC Audio) for my Pioneer unit.
3. If you want to do it yourself, you can check out the follow link: http://www.installer.com

But if you are not 100% sure... find a professional that know what he is doing on your $25,000 investment!

A few tips for anyone thinking about untaking a project like this:

1. Metra will soon have a gunmetal colored dash kit to match a Civic with tan interior

2. No wiring harness is available at this time which means cutting/splicing is necessary to install an aftermarket unit. Metra will soon have the proper wiring harness as well.

3. There are gunmetal colored dash kits on Ebay by 2 different sellers. While these kits match color perfectly, no brackets are included, making it difficult to install some units (such as the Pioneer AVIC-D2 shown in this thread).

I am collecting all necessary parts at this time, but am waiting to start on the installation until such time the proper wire harness is available. I will keep everyone up to date with helpful details and pictures as I have them.

Old 04-14-2006, 09:27 AM
EKL
Active Enthusiast

I still have my original radio/CD and dash. I am going to keep it, just in case I may sell my car after 2008 (no more car pool sticker).

Check out the following link for Steering wheel controls: http://www.pac-audio.com/default.asp

Good Luck!

Thanks for the quick reply!

Do your steering wheel mounted audio controls still work?

Also, what did you do with the original stereo? I was thinking about trying to sell mine on Ebay.

Old 04-15-2006, 02:34 AM
Enthusiast

Very sick... Question about the Parrot. I was strongly considering that same model. I had a bluetooth kit in my last vehicle and loved it. I don't know anyone who has used the Parrots though. I've read good reviews on them, but what is your opinion on it? How is reception? Any feedback? Can people your talking to tell your on a handsfree device? Do the people your talking to ever hear their own voice as an echo (That was an occasional problem with my old system)? Any other feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advanced...

Old 04-15-2006, 11:43 AM
EKL
Active Enthusiast
Cool Re: Just installed new Navi, Backup Cam, and Bluetooth!!!

The Parrot LS3200 is great...no problem what so ever. People on the other end can't tell I am using the Parrots or bluetooth headset, it does have echo cancellation and full duplex. When I have call coming in the Parrot automatically mute my radio/CD audio. The little color screen is great, I can use the phonebook or dial the number from it and it also display call ID, missed calls, etc... The system works fine with my Nokia 8801 and Motorola V3 (no problem with the voice recognition). The reception for the bluetooth is perfect inside the car. The only problem I had with the system is sometime it does take about 5-20 sec for it to sync with my phone. I hope the information is helpful. I am buying one more Parrot 3200 for my other car.

Originally Posted by Utah
Very sick... Question about the Parrot. I was strongly considering that same model. I had a bluetooth kit in my last vehicle and loved it. I don't know anyone who has used the Parrots though. I've read good reviews on them, but what is your opinion on it? How is reception? Any feedback? Can people your talking to tell your on a handsfree device? Do the people your talking to ever hear their own voice as an echo (That was an occasional problem with my old system)? Any other feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advanced...

Old 04-15-2006, 02:13 PM
Enthusiast

Nokia 8801, what a baller. Don't see too many of those around, haha... Have you seen the Nokia N90 yet? I really like all the features of it, but its a tad too bulky for everyday use for me... And thank you for your review of the parrot, that is exactly what I wanted to hear. I'm sure I'll be placing my order shortly for it. Did your installer give you a break down of the installation prices? Just curious what to expect for installation to ensure I'm not getting ripped off on mine...

Old 04-15-2006, 02:58 PM
EKL
Active Enthusiast

You're right the N90 have lot of features but just too bulky. I just wanted a good looking cell phone without all the features that I don't use, that why I got the 8801. Anyway, installation for the bluetooth was $80, $50 for Steering Wheel Control, $50 for backup cams, and about $150 for the Navi with the mounting kit. Total hardware + installation about $2200. I can save about $200 if I buy the items from eBay but what if something not work?!? My advise, find a shop that knows what they're doing and able to give you a 1 year warranty on installation + hardware.

Originally Posted by Utah
Nokia 8801, what a baller. Don't see too many of those around, haha... Have you seen the Nokia N90 yet? I really like all the features of it, but its a tad too bulky for everyday use for me... And thank you for your review of the parrot, that is exactly what I wanted to hear. I'm sure I'll be placing my order shortly for it. Did your installer give you a break down of the installation prices? Just curious what to expect for installation to ensure I'm not getting ripped off on mine...

Quick Reply: Just installed new Navi, Backup Cam, and Bluetooth!!!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands