Just installed new Navi, Backup Cam, and Bluetooth!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 09:31 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Just installed new Navi, Backup Cam, and Bluetooth!!!

have a question for you, does your nav freeze at speeds above 75mph? i have an pioneer also and for some reason when my hybrid hits 75 the nav locks up. Im just trying to figure out if its something the hybrid does at 75 or if the unit itself has a problem.

Old 04-23-2006, 09:40 PM
EKL
Active Enthusiast

No, so far so good.

Originally Posted by infinkc
have a question for you, does your nav freeze at speeds above 75mph? i have an pioneer also and for some reason when my hybrid hits 75 the nav locks up. Im just trying to figure out if its something the hybrid does at 75 or if the unit itself has a problem.

Old 04-24-2006, 11:25 PM
Enthusiast

Hey Raymond (Infinite Loop),

Do you know if Hawaii will allow, by law, front displays like the Parrot or the Pioneer? I would've loved to get the Navi if it was available in Hawaii.

Old 04-24-2006, 11:51 PM
Active Enthusiast

to my knowledge, front displays are allowed by law, as long as they are not playing video while in motion. (my head unit plays dvd video while in motion and cops have driven by me while it was on and i haven't had anything happen yet, however, i've been told that some cops will pull you over if they can see it)

Old 04-26-2006, 11:56 PM

ah...like the leather seats idea!

Old 05-02-2006, 10:01 AM
Active Enthusiast

Interesting. I have a few questions:

1) How does this affect your warranty?

2) How well integrated into the Civic is it regarding climate control, XM Radio, steering wheel radio controls, monitoring the speed and other statistics they advertise from their website?

Depending on the answers, I might change my order to the non NAVI hybrid and just get this instead.

Thanks,
Shawn

Old 05-02-2006, 10:45 AM
EKL
Active Enthusiast

Answers of your questions:

Warranty: Now, I have only 1 year warranty on my Pioneer Navi System. The rest of HCH should be same.

Nothing change on the climate control, I didn't purchase the XM option, no problem with steering wheel control with the PAC-Audio option (somewhere in this thread), monitoring speed etc... works fine but never use it. (too much information).

I waited the Navi HCH for too long so I bought the non-navi version and put in my own system. The Pioneer Navi (D2) is great but the audio quality is just OK. I am in the process of replacing all the speakers with new amp.

If you want better audio you should check out the Eclipse AVN5495, the Pioneer Z1 is nice but I think is over price for a Pioneer!

Originally Posted by shawnb
Interesting. I have a few questions:

1) How does this affect your warranty?

2) How well integrated into the Civic is it regarding climate control, XM Radio, steering wheel radio controls, monitoring the speed and other statistics they advertise from their website?

Depending on the answers, I might change my order to the non NAVI hybrid and just get this instead.

Thanks,
Shawn

Old 05-02-2006, 11:02 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by EKL
Answers of your questions:
If you want better audio you should check out the Eclipse AVN5495, the Pioneer Z1 is nice but I think is over price for a Pioneer!
This is good news about the warranty. I'll just change my order now to the non Navigation hybrid. I'm not an audiophile. To be honest, in the 6 years I had my truck I almost never have the radio on, its too distracting. For long trips I'll listen to audiobooks but that's about it. So I'm not concerned about sound. The decision is purely navigation and I really like the Z1 but I'm not terribly aware of other options, I'll keep my eyes open.

I'm glad this connects properly to the features of the car itself, too.

[Edit 1] I found the Z1 for $1649. http://www.hypeaudio.net/item.aspx?pid=99050

Thanks,
Shawn

Last edited by shawnb; 05-02-2006 at 11:13 AM.
Old 05-02-2006, 02:04 PM
Active Enthusiast

I just spoke with a Honda technician about how installing 3rd party navigation systems affect the warranty. They said that it doesn't necessarily "void" the warranty (on the electrical system) but if they mess something up during the installation than the Honda warranty won't cover it. They said that if the place is reputable that does the installation then there's little to worry about as far as he can tell.

When I look on the Pioneer dealer site it shows a list of places, I assume there would be places that are "reputable" and know what they're doing. Does anyone (ELK) have any experience with other installers and their quality of work (in the southern california area)?

It appears that the Z1 supports all the functionality that the Honda NAVI supports and augments it with mroe features that I'm interested in. As long as it at least supports the Honda features then I'm okay with it including deep integration with the environmental controls and radio and stuff.

Thanks,
Shawn

Old 06-07-2006, 01:28 PM
Enthusiast

EKL (Eric).

The back up cam looks great too. Did you post the cost was only $50.00? I wonder if there is a way to use it on the stock Navi?

Has anyone integrated their Stock Navi unit with a back up camera? Our Acura MDX had it standard and we miss it on the HCHII.
I tried a search but didn't catch anything other than this and infinite loop's thread but both are using aftermarket Navi's.

Thanks,

Matt

Quick Reply: Just installed new Navi, Backup Cam, and Bluetooth!!!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands