Just installed new Navi, Backup Cam, and Bluetooth!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 03:58 PM
EKL
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Just installed new Navi, Backup Cam, and Bluetooth!!!

Hi Matt,

I paid $200 for my pioneer backup cam but you can buy a no name backup cam from ebay under $50. I think pac-audio made a interface for the stock navi so you can have other video input (ie TV, DVD, Backup Cam etc) to the stock unit, check it out at: http://pac-audio.com/products/produc...%20Accessories. Good luck.

Eric

Originally Posted by sixpak
EKL (Eric).

The back up cam looks great too. Did you post the cost was only $50.00? I wonder if there is a way to use it on the stock Navi?

Has anyone integrated their Stock Navi unit with a back up camera? Our Acura MDX had it standard and we miss it on the HCHII.
I tried a search but didn't catch anything other than this and infinite loop's thread but both are using aftermarket Navi's.

Thanks,

Matt

Old 07-06-2006, 09:10 PM
Enthusiast

the metra double din would be great if it had a cover. my friends live in bad areas so i wouldn't want my radio stolen. is there such thing out there?

Old 07-06-2006, 10:23 PM
Enthusiast

i want to get the avic z1 lcuz it ooks really nice but it seems that it slides down and out. does yours do the same thing? do u have a pic of it with the door out?

Old 07-10-2006, 12:35 PM
EKL
Active Enthusiast

My D2 open the same way...slides down and out. Sorry I don't have a picture of it open but the only time I open it is to change CD. And I can burn about 5 -6 hours on one MP3 disc so I don't have to open it too offen.

Originally Posted by jerzeygroove
i want to get the avic z1 lcuz it ooks really nice but it seems that it slides down and out. does yours do the same thing? do u have a pic of it with the door out?

Old 07-10-2006, 12:43 PM
Enthusiast

i'm trying to figure out if the metra dash kit gives room for the pioneer's door to open.

Old 07-26-2006, 10:35 AM
Enthusiast

Honda has two colors of the dash? If so, does anyone know if Metra have the gunmetal colored dash kit to match a Civic with the tan interior?

Originally Posted by wstiefer
A few tips for anyone thinking about untaking a project like this:

1. Metra will soon have a gunmetal colored dash kit to match a Civic with tan interior

2. No wiring harness is available at this time which means cutting/splicing is necessary to install an aftermarket unit. Metra will soon have the proper wiring harness as well.

3. There are gunmetal colored dash kits on Ebay by 2 different sellers. While these kits match color perfectly, no brackets are included, making it difficult to install some units (such as the Pioneer AVIC-D2 shown in this thread).

I am collecting all necessary parts at this time, but am waiting to start on the installation until such time the proper wire harness is available. I will keep everyone up to date with helpful details and pictures as I have them.

Old 07-31-2006, 06:19 PM
Active Enthusiast

EKL,

I just saw this post and funny thing is that I mounted my LS3200 in the exact same place. I have a CK3100 in my Celica GT, so I am already a big Parrot fan. I think that location is the only place that makes sense in the Civic. It only really blocks the dimmer buttons, which you can still get to if you need to, however, once adjusted, I will never use them again anyway. The only trick I had was that I had to drill a large hole to get the connector through the tray and also remove the tray to run the wire and then screw the tray back into the drivers dash piece during final assembly.

I was hoping you installed the backup camera with the stock system as I wanted to see what third party interface system you used to get the video into the stock navigation system. Has anybody else installed the backup camera on the stock Alpine Nav unit?

Old 07-31-2006, 11:03 PM
EKL
Active Enthusiast

Yep! That's the perfect place for the LS3200 while I can keep my eye on the road. I think Pac-Audio made a third party interface system for the stock Nav and back up cam. check out the following site: http://www.pac-audio.com/vcix/vcix-tl2004.pdf

Originally Posted by cherokee180c
EKL,

I just saw this post and funny thing is that I mounted my LS3200 in the exact same place. I have a CK3100 in my Celica GT, so I am already a big Parrot fan. I think that location is the only place that makes sense in the Civic. It only really blocks the dimmer buttons, which you can still get to if you need to, however, once adjusted, I will never use them again anyway. The only trick I had was that I had to drill a large hole to get the connector through the tray and also remove the tray to run the wire and then screw the tray back into the drivers dash piece during final assembly.

I was hoping you installed the backup camera with the stock system as I wanted to see what third party interface system you used to get the video into the stock navigation system. Has anybody else installed the backup camera on the stock Alpine Nav unit?

Last edited by EKL; 07-31-2006 at 11:53 PM.
Old 08-03-2006, 10:57 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Do they have a wiring harness out for the 2006 Civic? I called Crutchfield and they said it is not out. I don't want to cut into the factory wiring. There is a great deal going on now at Crutchfield...buy the AVIC D2 and get the AVIC S1 free...portable navi unit. Then Pioneer has a promo for up to $200 rebate on installation charges.

Old 08-03-2006, 11:53 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by exbauer
Do they have a wiring harness out for the 2006 Civic? I called Crutchfield and they said it is not out. I don't want to cut into the factory wiring. There is a great deal going on now at Crutchfield...buy the AVIC D2 and get the AVIC S1 free...portable navi unit. Then Pioneer has a promo for up to $200 rebate on installation charges.
YES, Metra has released the stereo wiring harness for the 2006 Civic! YEAH!! I bought mine from an Ebay seller. Here's the link to the auction page, which will give you the Metra part # and a picture:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1

I plan on installing my system at the end of next week. I will let everyone know how it goes!

Quick Reply: Just installed new Navi, Backup Cam, and Bluetooth!!!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands