Just installed new Navi, Backup Cam, and Bluetooth!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 02:19 PM
EKL
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Just installed new Navi, Backup Cam, and Bluetooth!!!

The after market kit color doesn't match 100% to the grey/brown color. If you want to do right the first time, buy the one from dealer and find a good installer to custom fix it for you. I think I paid less than $50 from dealer. Everything matchs perfect and looks OEM.

Check out the above pictures from UJJ. I think his 06 Civic Hybrid is Silver with the blue interior and I think he used the kit from dealer too.

PS I don't know what kind of Navi unit you are getting. But with all the options you can install and cables at the back of the unit not every unit can fix in. You better find a good local retailer/installer to do the work because if it doesn't fix it will be a pain to return the Navi unit via mail while your dash is all open ups. Good Luck.

Originally Posted by exbauer
Does the grey match the fatory blue pretty good?

Just a heads up that there is no aftermarket dash kit of the blue interior hybrid Civic. When I went to order my navi unit from Crutchfield they only had it in grey and brown (the only colors they makei it in). The stock colors for non hybrid Civics. The only place you could get the blue dash kit was from Honda and it retailed for about $99. If you got it from www.hondapartsdeal.com it was only $66. But, the non hybrid versions were only $44 retail, and $32 discounted. That is double the price!

Last edited by EKL; 11-29-2006 at 02:32 PM.
Old 11-29-2006, 06:29 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I was going to get the AVIC D2 or an Eclipse AVN 5500. But, I found out about the dash kit when I went to install it. Luckily I didn't take anything apart. But, it is an easy return since I purchased it from Crutchfield. I am waiting for my dash kit in blue to come in before I install anything. I wonder why the blue one is so much more expensive?

Old 11-29-2006, 06:31 PM

did you get your steering wheel controls working? how hard was it to get it working? any tips on the wiring?

Old 11-29-2006, 07:19 PM
EKL
Active Enthusiast

Yes, but my first installer tried for 8 hours and only able to get the volume and the channel up/down bottoms working....then he give up. My 2nd installer found out that he have to add some kind of resistor between the line to get the Source bottom working and then do the correct programming. Now everything work fine!
The lesson is don't take "No" for answer!

PS Check out this deal @ Costco.Com: http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...1&Sp=C&topnav=

did you get your steering wheel controls working? how hard was it to get it working? any tips on the wiring?

Last edited by EKL; 11-29-2006 at 08:54 PM.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:34 AM
Enthusiast

I used the same installer as Eric and my steering wheel controls work fine with no problems .. first time. I am not sure of the resistor, but there is a wiring kit that needs to be bought from Metra (?) I cannot remember the exact name, but if you want to .. I still have the original box and can get you the part number. Also, my dash kit came from the dealer and it matches fine.

Ujj

Old 11-30-2006, 07:07 AM

yeah, i know you have to get an adaptor. i know pac makes one, just depends on which head unit you are getting. yeah, i got mine from the dealer also. just waiting for it to arrive.

Old 12-01-2006, 04:55 PM
Enthusiast

I installed a AVIC-N1 with iPod, bluetooth, and Sirius. My steering wheel controls work great. I used the PAC controller and programed them to my preference. Everything works.

I've installed a few head units in my time to be familiar with the process. Hooking up NAV and the PAC were new. Unless you have expierance at it or really good at figuring things out I recommend you to have it professionally installed.

IMO the Metra kit for a 7" unit is made horrible. The plastic bends and barely allows the N1 to be mounted properly. I recommend doing the research and getting the OEM pieces.

You can see my post here for more PAC information

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16009

and here is the finished product...

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2481187

notice the Metra trim plate does not completely fit flush. When the motivation strikes I'll be switching it out for OEM pieces.

Old 12-02-2006, 08:04 PM

wrx sti, does metra make it in blue? i got the oem one, but just curious since scosche doesn't make it. i have yet to install mine, i am just getting every first.

Old 12-03-2006, 10:16 AM
Enthusiast

I used metra kit 99-7871, my interior is blue and the match is almost perfect. Any closer in color IMO would have to be from Honda.

I was concerned with color matching as well and think its fine.

wrx sti, does metra make it in blue? i got the oem one, but just curious since scosche doesn't make it. i have yet to install mine, i am just getting every first.

Old 12-03-2006, 02:54 PM

thanks for the input. your setup looks really good. wish i could afford the avic z1. but, i will just be using it for navi purposes and don't need the extra dvd capabilities.

Quick Reply: Just installed new Navi, Backup Cam, and Bluetooth!!!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands