Just installed new Navi, Backup Cam, and Bluetooth!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 11:42 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Just installed new Navi, Backup Cam, and Bluetooth!!!

Originally Posted by WRXSTi
I installed a AVIC-N1 with iPod, bluetooth, and Sirius. My steering wheel controls work great. I used the PAC controller and programed them to my preference. Everything works.

I've installed a few head units in my time to be familiar with the process. Hooking up NAV and the PAC were new. Unless you have expierance at it or really good at figuring things out I recommend you to have it professionally installed.

IMO the Metra kit for a 7" unit is made horrible. The plastic bends and barely allows the N1 to be mounted properly. I recommend doing the research and getting the OEM pieces.

You can see my post here for more PAC information

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16009

and here is the finished product...

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2481187

notice the Metra trim plate does not completely fit flush. When the motivation strikes I'll be switching it out for OEM pieces.
I am going to install it this weekend. Hopefully everything will go smoothly. If not, you will be getting some PMs from me. My main thing would be the PAC. But, your posts seem to help out. I already have the wiring harness ready to go. Just waiting on the dash kit to get in tomorrow.

Old 12-21-2006, 12:28 AM
Enthusiast

I want to add the parrot bluetooth kits to my Civic and my G35...Any recommended installers in the LA County area? Or I can just walk in to Circuit City or Costco asking for installation, etc?

Thank you =) Now the parrot bluetooth kit almost completes my civic comparing to the prius (except for the intelligence smart key)

Old 12-21-2006, 10:44 AM
EKL
Active Enthusiast

This is the installer that I used: http://www.sunstaraudio.com/

They don't sell the Parrot bluetooth kit but you can order it from eBay for about $150-$180:http://cgi.ebay.com/PARROT-CK3200-BL...QQcmdZViewItem

But Sunstar have very nice Amp and Speakers!!!

Good luck,

Eric

Old 12-23-2006, 06:47 AM

I am having trouble getting the PAC SWI PS to work. I connected the white wire to the pink wire on the stock radio harness. Then I bridged a 5100 resistor between the white and black wire on the interface. What else do I need to do. I followed the instructions. But, not too sure what connect pin 6 the brown wire to chassis ground. That is the wire on the stock radio harness correct? How do I connect this to chassis ground? Is there anything else I am missing anything else?

Old 12-24-2006, 04:41 PM

I got it to work. You connect the white wire on the interface to the the pink on the car harness. Then you cut the brown wire on the car harness and ground it. Then you bridge a 5100 ohm resistor between the white and black wire on the interface to get the mode button to work. Crutchfield was a great help in addition to wrxsti.

Old 12-29-2006, 02:00 AM
Enthusiast

Hello all,

I have been reading this post and have a few questions.

1. I want to install the navi for my wifes hybrid, but I don't know how to install the speed sensor wire. Is there somewhere specific that it goes to?

2. Is there a way to fill in that gap around the HU so it doesn't look misplaced? I have the factory hybrid panel, but the gap looks akward.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 12-29-2006, 04:07 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JDM Junkyard
Hello all,

I have been reading this post and have a few questions.

1. I want to install the navi for my wifes hybrid, but I don't know how to install the speed sensor wire. Is there somewhere specific that it goes to?

**> I believe it was the blue wire on the vehicle harness. Currently at the time of this writing Metra ( not sure of any others ) does not make a harness adapter to directly connect to... meaning you will need to tap in to the blue wire on the car harness for your new HU VSS wire.

Metra does not include the VSS wire on their harness adapter , I called'm and confirmed it.

2. Is there a way to fill in that gap around the HU so it doesn't look misplaced? I have the factory hybrid panel, but the gap looks akward.

**> See my earlier post regarding the Metra kit including part number.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 12-16-2011, 07:03 PM
Enthusiast

did you do this install yourself, was it hard to do????
did you have to put in a code when you were done, as the non-navi cars only get a radio code.

Old 01-27-2012, 02:11 PM
Enthusiast

I'm also seriously looking at aftermarket radio (with GPS & Bluetooth) for my 07 Civic. I know here in Australia it is tradional we get the "Poverty Pack" from manufacturers but I think the lack of these options is a serious short coming.
Here a pick of the "top of the line" 07 Civic Hybrid interior
Name:  IMG_0560.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  68.2 KB

Old 03-19-2012, 06:05 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by EKL
This is the installer that I used: http://www.sunstaraudio.com/

They don't sell the Parrot bluetooth kit but you can order it from eBay for about $150-$180:http://cgi.ebay.com/PARROT-CK3200-BL...QQcmdZViewItem

But Sunstar have very nice Amp and Speakers!!!

Good luck,

Eric
This still seemed to be a valid tip. (In case someone still cares)

But anyways, good thread. Thank you.

Quick Reply: Just installed new Navi, Backup Cam, and Bluetooth!!!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands