Just to make sure I understand...

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 12:14 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Just to make sure I understand...

So if I understand correctly, I can go to Best Buy (for instance), buy a compact flash card and a compact flash PCMCIA adapter, stick it in my laptop, copy my music from my Windows Media Player to the card, stick it in my Civic Hybrid II, and cruise for hours with uninterrupted music.

Is it really that easy?

What size card is best (or, how many songs can I fit on, say, a 1GB card)?

How do I organize/title the different folders?

Any software needed?

Thanks for the help...I'm technologically behind the times a bit.

Old 07-08-2006, 12:57 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Just to make sure I understand...

This is true if you get the Honda Civic Hybrid with Navigation. I am pretty sure the non-Navi version does not have the PCMCIA adaptor. The files need to be in the mp3 format. There is a chance that your music may be in another format if you use Windows Media Player to convert your music. Another thing you may try, you can burn mp3s to a CD and then play the mp3 from the CD player in the car. With this, you can easily get about 10 albums worth of high quality mp3s on one CD.

As far as organization, there is quite a bit of flexibility with either the Compact Flash Card or a cd. You can have an artist folder/album folder/songs or you can just throw all the songs on without folders. It's up to you.

Old 07-08-2006, 09:24 PM
Enthusiast

i use the adapter with a 2gig cf card it works great. u can organise your music by artist, song, or by album. it recognizes sp? mp3 or wma.

Old 07-08-2006, 10:37 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I did not have the manual handy when I did the first post (my wife had the car out). In regards to the file format, mlettini54's post is correct and my previous post is incorrect. According to the manual: "The PC card player can play MP3 and WMA formats." wma is Windows Media Audio.

Sorry for any confusion.