Keyless entry remote - where to get cheap?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 01:02 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Keyless entry remote - where to get cheap?

Just bought a Civic Hybrid CVT. I got it used and so I didn't get the advantage of the dealer education, whatever there might have been, and didn't get all the original stuff like a keyless entry remote.

Did they all have keyless entry?
If so, where can I get a remote for mine (didn't come with one so I can't match up any part numbers or FCC codes with ebay auctions or elsewhere)? I would like to find one on ebay or some alternative to paying $70 at the dealer.

Are there regular metal keys available? I know the rubber part has a chip in it, but I HATE the bulky knobby rubber thing on my keys because I have too many keys to sacrifice that much real estate on my ring - I would pull out the chip and glue it to the steering column somewhere and use a regular metal key if such a thing were possible. Anyone tried it?

I'll have many more questions and comments as I get used to this car so thanks in advance for your help. Looking forward to meeting you all. Thanks.

Old 08-11-2005, 01:46 PM
Default Re: Keyless entry remote - where to get cheap?

You can probably get it for $50 or so at http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...INATION+SWITCH TRANSMITTER ASSY., KEYLESS Part number 368596

Old 08-11-2005, 04:14 PM
now Insight, had an HCH

I just replied to another thread you posted before I saw this one. Whoops. Anyway, I got my spare off eBay for about $15 shipped. I just had to be patient and wait .......I finally got one. Most others were going for around $30.

As for the bulky key. Haven't seen too many keys that aren't big and bulky anymore. That's why we have baggy clothes now. I actually like the cars with the remote ON the key.

Good Luck

Last edited by rigger; 08-11-2005 at 04:17 PM.
Old 08-11-2005, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by rigger
I just replied to another thread you posted before I saw this one. Whoops. Anyway, I got my spare off eBay for about $15 shipped. I just had to be patient and wait .......I finally got one. Most others were going for around $30.

As for the bulky key. Haven't seen too many keys that aren't big and bulky anymore. That's why we have baggy clothes now. I actually like the cars with the remote ON the key.

Good Luck
What information did you use to be sure you got a compatible model when buying on ebay? Are there equivalents for other hondas that work for these as well or did yo uget one that specifically said it would work on the hybrid, or did you match up some model numbers or something? Thanks.

-A-

Old 08-12-2005, 03:39 AM
now Insight, had an HCH

They were pretty specific in their description (year & model). There wasn't a specific remote for the hybrid for my year model, they worked on all Civics and I doubt there is a specific one for the yours either, that wouldn't be cost efficient for Honda. I'm sure with about 5 minutes of research you'd be able to make sure it's the same remote.

Old 08-12-2005, 06:29 AM

I have tried to find them there, but none of the model numbers match the number the dealer gave me... plus I don't have a remote with numbers on it to match it up to - and frankly having never seen it, I can't even identify a similar one by look. Would you mind sharing the numbers on yours? Thanks.

Old 08-12-2005, 11:58 AM
now Insight, had an HCH

I'm sorry but I'm on a business trip away from my car right now. You might try the # that tbaleno provided.

Old 08-21-2005, 12:41 PM

I did end up getting a couple remotes off ebay. Paid $15 each. I bought ones that said they were for an 04 civic and they work fine, seems the hybrid uses the same ones as the standard civic.

The programming is a simple procedure you go through inside the car, pushing buttons and turning the car on and off somehow they communicate with each other and start working together. Piece of cake, thanks for your help.

Old 08-21-2005, 01:03 PM

Thats the good thing about the civic hybrid. Its pretty easy to get most parts since I'd guess 90% of the parts on the hybrid are the same with the non hybrid.

Old 08-21-2005, 02:23 PM
now Insight, had an HCH

Good deal. Glad to be of a help, if I was any.

Quick Reply: Keyless entry remote - where to get cheap?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands