Looking for 06 Nav Manual in PDF format....

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2005, 09:15 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Looking for 06 Nav Manual in PDF format....

If you have it, or can make one, I'd be most appreciative. I'll be picking up a new HCH sometime in January, out of state, and wanna know how to use it to get back home. Post it or PM me. Thanks.

Old 12-06-2005, 10:21 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Looking for 06 Nav Manual in PDF format....

I looked around for a PDF version of the manuals while I was waiting, but never found them. You can order printed copies online ($29 for the NAV) if you really want to here:
http://www.helminc.com/helm/shopchec...R40XBAHMS7DQ3L

Old 12-06-2005, 04:51 PM
Dual-Hybrid First Adopter

Originally Posted by 9G-Man
If you have it, or can make one, I'd be most appreciative. I'll be picking up a new HCH sometime in January, out of state, and wanna know how to use it to get back home. Post it or PM me. Thanks.
Put the tranny in "D" and push on the pedal to the right

It works just like a regular civic, just a little less costly long-term

Old 12-06-2005, 05:19 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nimbus2k
Put the tranny in "D" and push on the pedal to the right It works just like a regular civic, just a little less costly long-term

Appearantly, you missed something. Your instructions won't help a bit with the NAVIGATION system.

Old 12-06-2005, 08:13 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Pretty funny nimbus2k.

Old 12-06-2005, 10:10 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 9G-Man
Appearantly, you missed something. Your instructions won't help a bit with the NAVIGATION system.
Right. Take Lassie with you. She knows the way home.

Old 12-27-2005, 09:58 AM
Enthusiast

I'm curious how well it works myself. I've been with other folks on two occasions where their NAV system were less than helpful. In both cases they relied on the NAV (no maps). First time,it was on the way to the "Tail of the Dragon" in TN/NC, from PA. I knew the way but followed after we left the route I knew to take until he gave up in a parking lot a few miles from where we should have been. I led us back to the route and the rest of the way. The 2nd time was a trip from NJ back to PA - we were going to take a different route on the return trip. But they messed up somehow with either reading the NAV or feeding it the route - but we ended up dozens of miles away from the intended route before they realized we weren't where we should be.
My point is simply this: print or buy a map of your route before you make the trip, review it so you know approximately what roads to take, how many miles from each turn or road to the next, etc. IF the NAV takes over and gets you from point A to point B with no errors - great. If you get pointed to or end up on a dirt road in "Timbukto" and the NAV can't get you turned around - get the maps out.
All that said - has anyone here had experience with the voice commands and response and accuracy of a Honda OEM NAV system? I believe I'd prefer to invest in an after-market unit that I use in our van or any other vehicle I might drive (particularly if it will work in Europe).

Old 12-27-2005, 10:01 AM
Active Enthusiast
Talking Re: Looking for 06 Nav Manual in PDF format....

Originally Posted by ElanC
Right. Take Lassie with you. She knows the way home.
What??? Timmy's stuck in the well???? GOOD GIRL!!!!

Old 12-27-2005, 10:58 AM
Enthusiast

I don't know about the nav manual but i use mine all the time. Voice commands work great it hasn't let me down in CA or NV. sometimes i know of better routes to take but i have tried the one the nav says and it got me there in good time too.

Old 12-27-2005, 11:29 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RX8Daniel
My point is simply this: print or buy a map of your route before you make the trip, review it so you know approximately what roads to take, how many miles from each turn or road to the next, etc. IF the NAV takes over and gets you from point A to point B with no errors - great. If you get pointed to or end up on a dirt road in "Timbukto" and the NAV can't get you turned around - get the maps out.
I agree that you shouldn't follow the NAV's route guidance blindly. The Honda NAV is not just route guidance though, it also has all the maps you need at various levels of detail. You can skip the route guidance alltogether and just use the maps, zooming in and scrolling around as necessary, just as you would with a paper map. Best of all is to use a combination; let the NAV do route guidance, but keep your eye on the map that the route is overlayed onto and make sure it makes sense.

So far, I've found the Honda NAV to be very useful and accurate.