Make'n that NEW Hybrid {{SHINE}}

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 09:14 PM
Enthusiast
Default Make'n that NEW Hybrid {{SHINE}}

Hello My Hybrid Friends!

The other day I paid a visit to the local Detail Shop because I figured it was time for my Hybrids first wax job. With all the different Waxes and Polishes out there, and the confusion that comes with try'n to make a 'Choice', I decided to go with what some of the Professionals Detailers use, and something that would fit my budjet.(Zymol...too much for me )

When I purchase my vehicle in late June, I forgot to inquire the dealer if they offer 'SealantProtection' for the paint surface, you know that kind where you don't have to wax your car for about a year or so.(I know that can be expensive! $200-500...back in the day $1000.)

After talking with the Detail Shop owner and letting him know what I was looking for in a Wax he sugested a brand that I had never really scene before.(No Polishes, too early for that)

He also suggested I first put a Sealant Wax first(the same kind the dealers use but at MUCH more affordable price! After that a regular 'WETLOOK' Wax to give it that SHOWROOM SHINE. How Cool is That!!

Along with the Waxes, I purchase some MicroFiber Towels and sponge( these are Nice!).
Now these come in different sizes and thicknesses, some for a apply/removing waxes and another for the final polish shine!

Needless to say, my 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Shines Better that it ever has and I am so glad I invested in quality wax to give my Car the protection it deserves!

Here is the link to the brand of wax I used...I could have saved$$ on-line if I knew earlier of the link! Some of the stuff is on Sale!!

www.chemicalguys.com

On my next visit I plan on buying TireDressing and Wheel polish.

I totally recomend this brand of wax!!

TakeCare,
PPD

Old 09-06-2006, 10:21 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Make'n that NEW Hybrid {{SHINE}}

show us some pics of your new shine!

Old 09-07-2006, 06:03 AM
Eco Accelerometrist

I concur. Protecting the paint of a new vehicle should also help enhance its look. The wet look is the most desirable.

One product that provides the wettest of looks while also adding year-round protection is:

Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant

This product is similar (if not better) to the $200-$400 treatments offered by the dealers. A 64oz (part# WG-5501) container costs $70 but it gives you many years worth of protection if applied once a year.
Even the smaller containers are expensive but if your goal is to avoid paying the dealer's full fare for a paint sealant package while having the ultimate in look and paint protection, then this is a product I highly recommend.

By the way: Unlike waxes which have very limited durability, this product will match the shine of typical high-end carnauba based waxes (which are even more expensive than this product) and last a heck of alot longer.

Cheers;

MSantos

Old 09-07-2006, 07:16 AM
Enthusiast

Great to hear so many people out there are protecting their Hybrids from the sun and other elements. Having worked in the auto detailing industry several years ago, I will only add one thing.

Any kind of paint protection is better than nothing. Once the oxidation of the paint starts, you will have to use a "cleaner" wax to remove a small damaged layer of your paint. Unfortunately there are way too many waxes and treatments out there that "clean" your paint...even if it is not needed. If you car is new and the paint is undamaged, make sure you check the label. If is says, "Contains petroluem distilates"...it is a cleaner wax. If you look a little further, you can find one that will protect your paint without removing any of it. You will also notice it on the applicator pad. If it starts to become the color of your car...it is removing paint. Long ago, I used to use a product called, "The Treatment," and it worked really well. The above products sound great as well and will keep your car looking new for years to come.

I also would treat the large Civic dash with something like Armor All. Especially if you drive and/or park your car in the hot sun. UV protection will help keep it from fading and cracking.