My husky chewed my new car!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 09:12 PM
Enthusiast
Default My husky chewed my new car!!!

I posted pictures of my 3 huskies - they are really sweet and beautiful but----- I'm going to kill them!! JK They chewed my frount bumped on the wheel well and on the out side about 8 inches long on the outside of the driver side bumper. I don't know which one it was but I can't believe they would do this. Has anyone heard of a dog chewing the outside of a car?? I had not even made my first car payment yet!! I think they thought the new car was a giant new chew toy. they have never chewed my old car - a Dodge Intepid - I had it for 6 years!! Anybody know how much a new bumper is for a Brand new 2006 Honda Civic?? I'm ashamed to tell the dealership what happened yet!!

Old 04-06-2006, 06:57 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: My husky chewed my new car!!!

OH Man!
That Bites!

Old 04-06-2006, 04:45 PM
Vegetarian

That's bizarre. They must like that new car smell.

Old 04-06-2006, 05:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by pcrickman
I posted pictures of my 3 huskies - they are really sweet and beautiful but----- I'm going to kill them!! JK They chewed my frount bumped on the wheel well and on the out side about 8 inches long on the outside of the driver side bumper. I don't know which one it was but I can't believe they would do this. Has anyone heard of a dog chewing the outside of a car?? I had not even made my first car payment yet!! I think they thought the new car was a giant new chew toy. they have never chewed my old car - a Dodge Intepid - I had it for 6 years!! Anybody know how much a new bumper is for a Brand new 2006 Honda Civic?? I'm ashamed to tell the dealership what happened yet!!
You might want to repost this at the forum at http://www.bestfriends.org/ and see if the animal behavioralist can suggest what can avoid this situation in the future.

Hope that helps!

Old 04-06-2006, 10:03 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

A buddy of mine had a Chow that started chewing on one of my cars once. He thought it was quite funny. I couldnt believe he let that dog do that. He wouldnt call the dog off. After the dog ruined a tire. I ended it. His jaw hit the ground,,, stuned. Like I was going to set there and let that happen. And then theres the folks that let there dogs jump up on your car and scratch it up.

I sure hope you fig. out what is going on. Ive seen big dogs ruin cars.

Old 04-07-2006, 08:21 PM
now Insight, had an HCH

They sensed your smugness. (JUST KIDDING!!)

I wonder if it may be some sort of cleaner. I've had some tire shine rubber protectant and wax that smelled so good I wanted to taste it. Maybe they were thinking along the same lines.

Old 04-08-2006, 06:37 AM
Active Enthusiast

My dogs chew on everything BUT my car. (If it had a leather interior they would chew that!)

Old 04-08-2006, 03:42 PM
my other car is a FJORD

Originally Posted by psyshack
A buddy of mine had a Chow that started chewing on one of my cars once. He thought it was quite funny. I couldnt believe he let that dog do that. He wouldnt call the dog off. After the dog ruined a tire. I ended it. His jaw hit the ground,,, stuned. Like I was going to set there and let that happen. And then theres the folks that let there dogs jump up on your car and scratch it up.

I sure hope you fig. out what is going on. Ive seen big dogs ruin cars.

if you think a big dog can ruin a car, you will understand why i never take my car over to my friend's house. she has goats and i have seen them use my hubby's truck for a jungle jim......LOL

Old 04-08-2006, 07:46 PM
Banned
Default Consider a Scent Offensive only to Dogs

Again, I'd join the forum at http://www.bestfriends.org/ and inquire about how to prevent dogs from chewing the car.

This works with cats. Felines hate citrus and ammonia odors. They will avoid these scents. Dogs are not the same, but they also smell much better than humans and even cats.

I'm suggesting there may be a scent that would not bother people, but keep cannines away from the car. Another idea is putting a devise that produces high-pitched sounds only dogs can hear and want to avoid. Pets stores may have them.

Old 04-10-2006, 05:13 AM
Enthusiastically Active

There is a product called sourapple that dogs hate. It is sold at most pet stores. Spray it on whatever you would like your dogs to avoid.