Negative Camber Problem; What You Need To Do To Get The Upper Control Arms Replaced

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 02:51 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Negative Camber Problem; What You Need To Do To Get The Upper Control Arms Replac

Originally Posted by Bobs Metallic Pearl
Tim, I don't know what to make of that, I have not crawled around on the garage floor (too old to be that limber ) but I have noticed a marked decrease in noise and vibration so I am presuming it was fixed right...Have you had a decrease in the noise & vibration?
I definitely noticed a much smoother and quieter ride. But my ride was always fine wit hthe summer tires on. It was this winter i had the LOUD roaring noise after about 6k on my winter tires.

Old 06-23-2008, 02:53 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Negative Camber Problem; What You Need To Do To Get The Upper Control Arms Replac

Originally Posted by kourtak
I had a similar experience- the new control arm was stamped with an "A", not a "C". Iti is clearly brand new on the car.

AME21 and then an "A" was stamped onthe arm.
thats exactly what it on mine.

Old 06-24-2008, 07:19 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I noticed no difference. Neither did my wife.

nf

Old 06-24-2008, 01:21 PM
Active Enthusiast

Thanks for posting this. While I had my car in today for TSB 08-014 for harsh transmission engagement, I mentioned the rear end felt loose and there was some tire roar at speed and that the rear upper control arms definitely did not have a C on them. The service adviser said "ohh" and later informed me they were going to replace the control arms. My original Bridgestone tires on my 07 were wearing fine, but it's good to know I won't have future problems now.

This was at Earnhardt Honda in Avondale , AZ. I'm kind of stoked to see if I notice any difference with the latest software.

Old 06-25-2008, 02:06 PM
Active Enthusiast

Got the car back this morning and it feels noticeably tighter to me, not majorly, but noticeable. The control arms do have a C on them and I got a free 4 wheel alignment to boot. They gave me the alignment sheet and the rear was out of whack. I had .40 and .24 degrees of toe on the rears (indicated in red) and the front .12 and -.12 degrees of toe too so that was a freebie adjustment.

The current measurement shows front .03 and .05 degrees of toe and .07 and .07 degrees of toe on the rear. The alignment could explain some of the better feel too, but leaving it overnight to get this all done was well worth it.... and free

Old 07-03-2008, 04:18 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kourtak
I had a similar experience- the new control arm was stamped with an "A", not a "C". Iti is clearly brand new on the car.
AME21 and then an "A" was stamped onthe arm.
Same here, dealer didn't give me any hassle on my 1st visit, replaced everything and all the numbers on the invoice match the TSB.......but was a little surprised to see the A stamped on there along with the AME markings, hoping to have seen an answer prior to calling the dealer back.

Old 07-03-2008, 08:41 PM
Active Enthusiast

I took my 2006 HCH in to my local dealer. I have not noticed handling problems and my tires show even wear 32K. They look like they will probably make it to 40k before replacement. He said the wear was even and not excessive; "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" and all that. He said it may start problems that were not there before it was "fixed". The dilemma is should I insist? Has anyone had this experience?

Old 07-10-2008, 04:15 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BluRdgHCH
Same here, dealer didn't give me any hassle on my 1st visit, replaced everything and all the numbers on the invoice match the TSB.......but was a little surprised to see the A stamped on there along with the AME markings, hoping to have seen an answer prior to calling the dealer back.
No one responded so... I Called the dealer yesterday and discussed that the TSB says the arm should have a C stamped yet mine has an A. He said "Let me call you back." @5 minutes later he called me back to say all the kits he has has the C on them.....he can't understand why mine has an A....neither can I, got an appt at 1pm friday to take it back in.....stay tuned.....

UPDATE-Evidently I'm half blind......they put it up on the rack and without the shock in the way I could clearly see the C stamped on the arm (there is a smaller A on there also, which led to my confusion)......wow, felt dumb as a box of nails.....no harm, no foul.

Last edited by BluRdgHCH; 07-14-2008 at 09:08 AM. Reason: add info
Old 07-10-2008, 08:41 PM
Active Enthusiast

Does anyone know where I can print out the TSB? The link on the first page is dead. I've noticed my rear tires have some crazy camber, and I have some nasty uneven tire wear at 20k. I'd like to read the actual tsb to see what the tire proration deal is, among other things.

Old 07-17-2008, 11:36 AM
Über Lord of Hypermillia
Default Tsb 08-001

Quick Reply: Negative Camber Problem; What You Need To Do To Get The Upper Control Arms Replaced

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands