New 2005 HCH Owner has 2 Rookie Questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 04:29 AM
Enthusiast
Question New 2005 HCH Owner has 2 Rookie Questions

1. I notice a fans runs after the car is shut down. I assume it is to cool down the electric engine? I can't find anything in the owners manual. Am I correct?

2.) Even after following the instructions in the manual, I can't get the actual mpg to display when the odometer is on, only with trip A or B. What gives?

Thanks.

MC in VA

Old 10-06-2005, 05:15 AM
now Insight, had an HCH
Default Re: New 2005 HCH Owner has 2 Rookie Questions

1. The fans are normal

2. The odometer won't show a "lifetime" mileage like it does on an Insight. You'll have to use either "Trip A" or "Trip B" and remember to never reset it.

Old 10-06-2005, 05:19 AM
Enthusiast

Thanks Rigger. I thought the odometer would show instant mpg as a digital readout, as opposed to just the bar graph. I may have miss read the manual.

Old 10-06-2005, 05:30 AM
now Insight, had an HCH

Man you made me go out to the garage and double check myself. It's just the instant bar graph at the bottom of the display.

On another note, I just killed my mileage checking and never turned the car on! I've got 80.6 MPG on this tank so far (only gone 11 miles) but when I cycled though the Trip A/B / odometer it reset it back down to 79.8!

Hope you enjoy the car and when you have more questions shoot away. This is a great freindly forum who are, for the most part, very helpful.

AL

Old 10-06-2005, 10:07 AM
Active Enthusiast

Congrats on the new car! I hope you love it as much as everyone here seems to loev thier own!

Old 10-06-2005, 10:11 AM

The trip odometers have a set time when they update. If you cycle through them they update automaticaly. While you thought you had 80.6 you realy did only have 79.8 its just that the odometer didn't update to reflect it.

Old 10-06-2005, 10:25 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hi Rigger:

___I can confirm what Tbaleno just posted works the same in the Insight. You can do the same while driving by tapping your FCD button twice (while viewing that display) and it will update immediately instead of once a minute as it is programmed to do.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Old 10-06-2005, 03:28 PM
Vegetarian

i'm disappointed the hch doesn't have a lifetime mileage counter... though even if it did i'd probably still devote my trip b to the time i've owned the car since we bought it used. i was excited about having more than 1 trip counter when getting a new car, since my old car only had one... but now the second one doesn't really count because i refuse to touch it.

Old 10-06-2005, 03:59 PM
now Insight, had an HCH

Originally Posted by tbaleno
The trip odometers have a set time when they update. If you cycle through them they update automaticaly. While you thought you had 80.6 you realy did only have 79.8 its just that the odometer didn't update to reflect it.
Hi Wayne and tbaleno,
Yep, knew that "but" it just looks soooooo much cooler at 80 instead of 79.

That's why the car has been sitting in the garage the last few days untouched. I actaully didn't think it would reset down that much since when I backed it into the garage it was hanging around 81 mpg. No problem, the wife already threatened to bring my mileage down to the 40's this weekend when she drives it.

Hmmmm, I wonder if the '06 HCH will have a lifetime. I think it has been complained enough that Honda was bound to hear it.

AL

Old 10-06-2005, 04:39 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Hi rigger,

I must have been seeing things. I just tried cycling through the menus again and I can't see it anymore. I swear I saw my lifetime mileage flash for a second though. I swear!

Oh, and I deleted my original post so to not confuse anybody else.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: New 2005 HCH Owner has 2 Rookie Questions

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands