New HCH owner here, What to expect ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 12:51 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: New HCH owner here, What to expect ?

I drive my 2008 HCH about 50-53 mph and get about 60 mpg. Of course, this data is valid only for summer months. In brutal Minnesota winters, I am lucky to get up to 45 mpg. I must add that I am one of those annoying drivers (rarely use brakes, approach stop lights slowly instead, drive 50 in a 70 zone - to name a few).

I sometimes experience the "loud growling" on highway as well but can't say that about "deep humming". Some of you are saying that it may be a control arm issue, I guess I should get it checked.

Old 06-22-2010, 06:21 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spdnjoe

My MPG say I'm averaging 39mpg, is that normal or should I expect more.

I drive about 75 mph on the way to work and stop and go on the way home.

Sorry for all the questions.

Thank you in advance,
George
No, expect less if you use your AC. Sounds like the price you paid is very good, my opinion is the Hond Civic hybrid is garbage and I wish I never purchased one. If you were in all city traffic you would be lucky to get 30 MPG.

Old 06-22-2010, 07:52 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lasvegascivix
No, expect less if you use your AC. Sounds like the price you paid is very good, my opinion is the Hond Civic hybrid is garbage and I wish I never purchased one. If you were in all city traffic you would be lucky to get 30 MPG.
I agree with you. I traded my 2007 my Honda Civic hybrid for something else. I had it for 2.5 years and it gave me nothing but trouble. ie. no heat from heater and suspension problems.

Old 06-22-2010, 09:01 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by starman
I agree with you. I traded my 2007 my Honda Civic hybrid for something else. I had it for 2.5 years and it gave me nothing but trouble. ie. no heat from heater and suspension problems.
They are POS, hyped up lies from Honda. What did you get?