New to the hybrid world

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 12:04 PM
Enthusiast
Post New to the hybrid world

Hello Everyone!!

I am new to the hybrid comunitiy and just traded in my '98 Dodge Dakota 318 V8 4X4 Club Cab gas guzzling pig for a new '08 Civic Hybrid.

I have a few questions, hopefully some of you can reference me to the correct area.

Does any/has any body have a cold air AEM oil less intake on their hybrids ?
I live in southern Ontario and I will need snow tires for next year, any suggestions for what I should put on the stock rims ?
I want to get summer rims and tires, any suggestions ?

I don't want to compromise any MPG, any tips for me would be great.

Thanks.

Old 02-24-2008, 11:58 PM
F**k ExxonMobil
Default Re: New to the hybrid world

hi. congrats and welcome. this site has many answers to every one of your questions. search is your friend. enjoy!

Old 02-25-2008, 06:07 AM
Active Enthusiast

For highest mpg, drive slow.

You'll save money on gas, and on speeding tickets. Plus, you'll really pizz off all the jerks on the road, which is the best reason of all to do it.

Old 02-25-2008, 02:10 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Congrats!

The only aftermarket airfilter I know of is the K&N drop-in. Some love it; some hate it.

Bridgestone Blizzacks are my fav snow tires and Sumimoto have been recommended as great summer tires that won't hurt your fuel economy too much.

Tirerack.com has several lightweight affordable wheels to fit the HCHII.

Welcome to GH!

nf

Old 02-26-2008, 08:41 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1stpik
For highest mpg, drive slow.

You'll save money on gas, and on speeding tickets. Plus, you'll really pizz off all the jerks on the road, which is the best reason of all to do it.
This is not a good reason to drive slow. There are a bunch of fools out there on the road that will shot you or other bad things could happen if you don't drive the speed limit.

Old 02-26-2008, 09:44 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hello, Jason T! Welcome to the wonderful world of hybrid car ownership- I hope you love your HCH and that the people here on Green Hybrid will be able to help you with all your questions. I haven't put any snow tires etc. on my own HCH, so I can't answer your questions myself, but I see that noflash has already taken a stab at it, and in any case I want to welcome you to the forum and wish you the very best of luck with your new car. Owning a hybrid is lots of fun, and getting impressive gas mileage is only the tip of the iceberg. Congrats on the new car and welcome.