New Owners Of The 06 HCH/Did you get any (Dealer-Installed-Accessories)??

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 06:56 PM
G.H. Contributor
Question New Owners Of The 06 HCH/Did you get any (Dealer-Installed-Accessories)??

New owners of the 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid (HCH). Did any of you have the dealer install any of the (Honda-Dealer-Installed-Accessories)?

I maybe should have said, that you (Paid-For)

or (Dealer-Installed-As-Part-Of Your-Deal)

If so which ones and did you like them or not?

Example: Auto-Day Night Mirror; Bass Speaker System;

Chrome Exhaust Tip; Fog-Lights; Interior Illumination;

Leather Steering Wheel Cover; Full Nose Mask; Half Nose Mask;

Splash/Mud Guards; X/M Radio; All Season Floor Mats

The reason for this Post is out of all the people that are reporting taking delivery of their HCH's, no one has mentioned anything about the Factory Honda Approved, Dealer Installed Accessories that if installed on the car at time of delivery have the same Factory Warranty as if they were installed by the factory.

Is it possible that everyone is taking the cars just as they come from Honda and not adding any of these accessories?

Thanks;

Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 11-10-2005 at 07:12 PM. Reason: Read Green Lines:
Old 11-10-2005, 07:05 PM
Accidental Hybrid Fan
Default Re: New Owners Of The 06 HCH/Did you get any (Dealer-Installed-Accessories)??

I gots nothing with the car.
I did get 100$ worth for free from the dealer.

Old 11-10-2005, 07:37 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: New Owners Of The 06 HCH/Did you get any (Dealer-Installed-Accessories)??

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
New owners of the 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid (HCH). Did any of you have the dealer install any of the (Honda-Dealer-Installed-Accessories)?

I maybe should have said, that you (Paid-For)

or (Dealer-Installed-As-Part-Of Your-Deal)

If so which ones and did you like them or not?

Example: Auto-Day Night Mirror; Bass Speaker System;

Chrome Exhaust Tip; Fog-Lights; Interior Illumination;

Leather Steering Wheel Cover; Full Nose Mask; Half Nose Mask;

Splash/Mud Guards; X/M Radio; All Season Floor Mats

The reason for this Post is out of all the people that are reporting taking delivery of their HCH's, no one has mentioned anything about the Factory Honda Approved, Dealer Installed Accessories that if installed on the car at time of delivery have the same Factory Warranty as if they were installed by the factory.

Is it possible that everyone is taking the cars just as they come from Honda and not adding any of these accessories?

Thanks;

Terry
Terry,

I had the dealer install the automatic day/night mirror & electronic compass, the splash/mud gaurds, and I ordered the trunk tray, but Honda has not released it for the 2006 HCH yet.

The auto mirror is great, highly recommended!

Randy

Old 11-10-2005, 08:55 PM

Does the Day/Night mirror attach to the roof or the windshield?

Old 11-10-2005, 10:08 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

my mom got a stock 06 hch today, no options just like i did with my 04 hch. no need for them.

Old 11-10-2005, 10:25 PM
4 Kids-Can't afford gas!

Originally Posted by tbaleno
Does the Day/Night mirror attach to the roof or the windshield?
From the picture, it looks like the one that I had installed on my Ody. It attaches to the windshield in the same location as the original mirror. I love it. The compass isn't that useful in the Ody since I have the NAV, but the autodimming is great. I may get it on the Civic just because both the Ody and the Sub have it and I have gotten too lazy to reach up and pull the lever forward.

Old 11-11-2005, 12:11 AM

Heh, I view accessories installed before purchase as a bad thing. They're a way for dealers to get around the obviousness of mark-up by adding on $150 worth of accessories that they charge $1000 for. Not all dealers overprice accessories but very many do; I was very happy that I was able to secure my car without any accessories on it at all. I will definitely buy the dimmer mirror but at a later date, and I'd consider the bass system after reading reviews on its effectiveness.

Old 11-11-2005, 05:31 AM
Dual-Hybrid First Adopter

Since mine's still on order (January) I did the pick 'n choose before the car got here to it'll be tricked out when I pick it up. AND by installing the accessories at purchase, then all that is covered under the new car warranty (so said the dealer when I signed the order for the car.) I chose the mirror (totally addicted from having it on my BMW that's going bye-bye), the interior illumination (useless, but Very phat - BMW lights the console the same way) and will have them add on the ipod connector because that'll be one less (visible) gadget rolling around in the car begging to be stolen: it all hides neatly in the glove compartment.

My contract itemized the accessories with cost/installation for each part and it matches the website pricing. Labor, as a group, wasn't unreasonable.

We went round and round on WHY it costs so danged much for the XM tuner (you're pushing up on $1000 with labor) for a $49 part at Best Buy, but the problem is (a) the techs have to pull the radio out of the dash to install it and (b) do you *really* want an after-market radio installer messing with the electronics in a new hybrid car that was just released last month? (Can you say "Voided Warranty"?)

So I left the radio alone, and went for an external Sirius tuner (NPR) vs. XM (Nascar) that fits perfectly in the little well just behind the transmission shifter. The unit will plug into the aux. plug in the Honda and the Sirius has its own remote so I don't have to worry about reaching behind/around stuff to change channels.

And *it* cost $49 LOL

Old 11-11-2005, 07:41 AM
Active Enthusiast
Question Re: New Owners Of The 06 HCH/Did you get any (Dealer-Installed-Accessories)??

I'm curious if anyone else has had any luck with their dealer on negotiating the price of the XM tuner. I haven't tried yet.

Don

Old 11-11-2005, 08:11 AM
Enthusiast

i cant find any local dealers who have the accessories, but yikes. 1000 for the xm installed? is it really that risky to have a 3rd party install the xm accessory if the hch is xm ready?

Quick Reply: New Owners Of The 06 HCH/Did you get any (Dealer-Installed-Accessories)??

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands