new stereo installed today

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2005, 09:18 PM
Active Enthusiast
Talking new stereo installed today

just got the JVC KD-AVX1 installed in my '05 HCH today. finally a stereo worth listening to . it is a single DIN stereo with integrated 3" screen that can play CDs, MP3 and WMA files, as well as DVDs (while in motion, for the passenger of course , just had the hand brake cable grounded). i've attached a few pictures. and for those of you wondering, my alarm and remote still work

Last edited by inFiniTE LooP; 08-24-2005 at 01:45 AM.
Old 08-20-2005, 09:32 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: new stereo installed today

a few more pictures of it in action, the pictures look a little different in these because it's darker here now and i these shots were taken with no flash.

Last edited by inFiniTE LooP; 08-24-2005 at 01:47 AM.
Old 08-20-2005, 09:48 PM

Pretty nice. You should have the mounting kit painted to match.

Old 08-22-2005, 01:29 AM
Active Enthusiast

Sweeeeeeeet!!!

Old 08-22-2005, 06:21 AM
Enthusiast

nice!

Old 08-23-2005, 05:27 AM
HCH Enthusist

I have a question for ya.. Ever since i had my HCH i have had trouble with actually seeing the display on my stereo, during the daylight hours. When the sun shines in through the front window and on to the dash, it really dims the output and is very difficult to see. I have tried many differant systems form Kenwood to Alpine to Pioneer (current) i am using thier new Bright Blue display forget the name. If you dont have trouble seeing this display during normal operation in the day when sun is on it , i would totally consider buying this deck as i always wanted a deck liek that, Plus the switchable rear view camera is a cool add on ( was considering putting a momentary switch in the car for this to be used for changing lans so i can see my blind spot). hope you still follow this forum. the Install looks nice ~~~ !!! Was also wondering how much you paid for it and where you got it from ? i have seen it as low as 418.00 on line somewhere.

Old 08-23-2005, 11:07 AM
Active Enthusiast

hey guys, thanks for the replies, as long as i've had it i haven't noticed any problems in seeing the display with the sun shining in, i'll keep an eye on it today while driving to work and let you know how difficult it really is.

as for price, i too saw some very low prices online ($415 here: http://www.shopharmony.com/product.asp?i=JVCKDAVX1 ) unfortunately, some of the low cost stores do not ship to hawaii or have extremely high shipping and handling fees. the one place i was finally going to get it from, included the mounting bracket (at a slightly lower cost), but no wiring harness or wires. the price i paid, including installation (with video in motion) was $580 OTD with mounting bracket and all proper wires and wiring harness. this price was ~$80 more than the cheapest i could find online including shipping and all needed accessories, which i simply justified as the installation cost and no need to wait for shipping i got it done locally in hawaii by a place called Car Stereo Express.

good luck and i'll let you know later about the display for sure

Old 08-23-2005, 08:54 PM
Enthusiast

Your system looks very cool. I am planning on one too but don't want to lose the handy door to the storage bin underneath the unit. Anyone seen a DIN kit that keeps the door?

Old 08-23-2005, 09:14 PM

Please post these in share section. And link from there. Also reduce the size a little

Old 08-23-2005, 09:16 PM
Active Enthusiast

getting to a few issues at hand...

seeing the display in daylight is no problem at all. in fact, whenever it is daylight, i usually wear my sunglasses (which are polarized) just to check today, i took the sunglasses off and the display looks even better! i tilted my head to the side with my sunglasses on and the display wasn't as dark as i usually thought it to be either

as far as painting the mounting kit, i too considered it at first, but then after the install, since the HU is black, it really offers a nice color contrast in my eyes with the silver look of the rest of the dash, it even helps match up with the rest of the dash by not having so much silver in the center.

and finally, the door to the storage space was actually something i liked, but found to be somewhat of a hassle. on an older car i had, there was also a storage space there which is where i kept my cell phone and wallet, when i would exit the car i would just grab'em and go. i still placed my wallet in that space in this car, but very often, i would forget it was in there (since i couldn't see it with the door being closed) go off and try to buy something and doh! my wallet was left sitting back in the car. so at least now it's easier for me to remember to take my wallet with me when i leave the car

i realize everyone has their own tastes especially concerning this type of thing, but this really is ideal, for myself

Quick Reply: new stereo installed today

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands