Not Very Happy With Civic Hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 10:09 PM
Enthusiast
Default Not Very Happy With Civic Hybrid

I traded in a 2009 Smart Car on a 2007 Civic Hybrid that is supposed to get 40/45 MPG and am getting 30/39. This is not even close and yes I am light-footed and have the tire pressure at 40 all around. My non hybrid Smart was Getting 32/38 withoutneven trying, I was the first one off the stop light with my Smart Car Now I am trying to the point it is a job and the MPG is not as good as the Smart.

No offense to the green people, Im am not sold on the global warming thing I am just trying to keep as much of my money out of the hands of the people who hate America and if that helps clean the air that's a win/win.

Last edited by Lasvegascivix; 06-21-2010 at 10:15 PM.
Old 06-22-2010, 02:55 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Not Very Happy With Civic Hybrid

Please read some of the recal, discharge or battery dump threads here. It may be why you are getting poor gas mileage.

Old 06-22-2010, 05:14 PM
Enthusiast

Dealer states everything is normal. THE HONDA CIVIC IS A POS, PLEASE AVOID! They are 20 MPG from the sticker and they claim this is normal. I will never purchase another Honda, they are complete scammers!

Old 06-22-2010, 05:38 PM
Active Enthusiast

I traded in a 2009 Smart Car on a 2007 Civic Hybrid that is supposed to get 40/45 MPG and am getting 30/39. This is not even close and yes I am light-footed and have the tire pressure at 40 all around. My non hybrid Smart was Getting 32/38 withoutneven trying, I was the first one off the stop light with my Smart Car Now I am trying to the point it is a job and the MPG is not as good as the Smart.

I had a 2007 Civic Hybrid for 2.5 years, which I just traded for another car. Didn't have much luck with mine either. What might help you is to listen to "Sunday, May 9, 2010 9:34PM #42 Silent electric cars? EU says NO." podcast found here... http://gohypermiling.com/

They cover "Our Technique: Hypermiling your Honda Hybrid"

Good luck

Old 06-22-2010, 06:01 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by starman

I had a 2007 Civic Hybrid for 2.5 years, which I just traded for another car. Didn't have much luck with mine either. What might help you is to listen to "Sunday, May 9, 2010 9:34PM #42 Silent electric cars? EU says NO." podcast found here... http://gohypermiling.com/

They cover "Our Technique: Hypermiling your Honda Hybrid"

Good luck
Thanks, maybe I have yours. Honda dose not claim that you must perfect the art of hypermiling to achieve good MPG numbers. Honda Hybrids are frauds, they must be some type of tax write
off scam that Honda has. PLEASE AVOID THESES CARS!

Old 06-22-2010, 11:19 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I have a 2006 HCH2 and the current tank is at 47 MPG in a very hot summer with using the air conditioning. Over the past 4 years my maintenance costs have been almost zero amazingly and I routinely get 49-50 MPG no problem.

Something sounds wrong with your car frankly. Used car sales are tricky.

Old 06-23-2010, 12:14 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rysa4
I have a 2006 HCH2 and the current tank is at 47 MPG in a very hot summer with using the air conditioning. Over the past 4 years my maintenance costs have been almost zero amazingly and I routinely get 49-50 MPG no problem.

Something sounds wrong with your car frankly. Used car sales are tricky.
If you really got 48 MPG then the Honda dealer would have been shocked I was getting 31, they were not. This tells me some of us have car that have major defects that Honda is ignoring or there are people on this sight with big imaginations.

Old 06-23-2010, 07:07 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

My lifetime mpg (no longer tracked on this site) is 49.9. I work at it, but I also have a lot of mountian driving (often with bikes on the roof), and winter driving (with studded snow tires). I don't know anything about your car or your commute, but I find your attitude pretty rude. If the car doesn't work for you, sell it, and move on to bother some other website.

Old 06-23-2010, 07:18 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lasvegascivix
If you really got 48 MPG then the Honda dealer would have been shocked I was getting 31, they were not. This tells me some of us have car that have major defects that Honda is ignoring or there are people on this sight with big imaginations.
There is a very long list of hybrid owners on this site who report their MPGs. The average was around 46 MPG for this car last time I checked across thousands of tanks, and I don't believe in the type of collective imagination you seem to refer to. I do believe my own gauges and calculations however.

I own another car as well ( an SUV actually) and on the Murano boards, there is a guy who had a bad experience with his Murano. He is on some sort of personal imaginary crusade and apparently he feels he can get everyone in the country to stop buying a Murano, because of his bad experience with a used vehicle.

You are similar. This Honda car is far and away the least expensive to maintain and operate highest fuel efficiency vehicle I have ever owned. Nothing else is even close. Whatever you are whining about is not all typical for the car.

Old 06-23-2010, 09:32 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kristian
. I don't know anything about your car or your commute, but I find your attitude pretty rude. If the car doesn't work for you, sell it, and move on to bother some other website.
Sorry if my story does not fit your liberal agenda.

Quick Reply: Not Very Happy With Civic Hybrid

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands