OBD II dtc / datalogger / dtc reset

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 04:52 AM
HCH Enthusist
Default OBD II dtc / datalogger / dtc reset

I also figured out how to retrieve the DTC's from the IMA, TCM, EPS, ABS, Climate Control, MCS, and SRS modules without using the Honda PGM tester. If anyone needs help with this i can now point them in the right direction. It all has to do with a single wire that you ground to make the respected module flash its DTC's. Thanks again to HELM's wonderfull HCH manual.

EDIT: It is the SCS line that you attach to ground and then turn on the ignition. You then observe the appropriate lamp in your dash to view the codes. For example, the engine lamp will flash codes for the ECU, EPS lamp will flash codes for the Electronic Power Steering System, and the ABS lamp will flash codes for the Antilock Brake System.

Warning: The codes that are flashed are not the codes designated by the discription pXXXX but a straight numerical code which does not always conicide with the PXXXX numbers.

Last edited by Gecko483; 03-09-2011 at 09:05 AM.
Old 02-13-2010, 03:29 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: OBD II dtc / datalogger / dtc reset

Thanks for this. I have the same vehicle and year model. I would like to check for IMA codes. Is it the SCS line you ground to get DTC's? Also, which light flashes to indicate the DTC?

Old 05-27-2011, 01:44 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: OBD II dtc / datalogger / dtc reset

Thanks for the update Mike. Great to be able to confirm. Next thing I would like to find out is how to read out IMA battery voltage using the ScanGauge II .