Oh Darnit, where can I find Magnetic Pearl Touch Up Pen?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 10:37 PM
Enthusiast
Default Oh Darnit, where can I find Magnetic Pearl Touch Up Pen?

Small little nick on my hood I want to touch up but I can't find anywhere that has the magnetic pearl touch up pen. I looked at Handa-Accessories and they had every color in the touch up pen except that color.

Anyone know where I can get it? Why wouldn't Honda make touch up pen in that color?

Old 03-03-2006, 12:08 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Oh Darnit, where can I find Magnetic Pearl Touch Up Pen?

That doesn't make sense. Call the dealership's part's department and give your make/model/year and request. They'll hook you up.

Old 03-03-2006, 10:24 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

They don't stock it at the dealerships. It has to be special ordered, and costs about 10 bucks. I know, I have about 3 or 4 scratches already....

Old 03-03-2006, 12:20 PM
Active Enthusiast

That's terrible. If you want to, pay the $10 for the piece of mind, and then shoot off a letter to the head of Honda America with a complaint and a copy of your receipt. You may even get a refund. I got my Galaxy colored touch-up just by walking up to the part's department and paying (IIRC) ~ US $5 for it.

Old 03-03-2006, 03:28 PM
Enthusiast

thanks for the responses guys. I really want to find the touchup pen because it's less risky to use than the ones with brushes. they have them here except magnetic pearl.

http://www.handa-accessories.com/civ.../paintpen.html

Old 03-03-2006, 05:19 PM
Energy Independence

They don't list the Magnetic Pearl or the Opal Silver Blue Metallic. Both are hybrid-only colors. I bet it's just a matter of time before they get them in.

Old 03-03-2006, 05:50 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by manchild
Small little nick on my hood I want to touch up but I can't find anywhere that has the magnetic pearl touch up pen. I looked at Handa-Accessories and they had every color in the touch up pen except that color.
I re-read your post and there's no way for any of us to definitively tell w/o seeing it in person...but...if you have a friend who's fanatical about washing/waxing their own car, with the right equipment/supplies they may actually be able to buff off that "small little nick" without having to resort to touch-up. Or if you really don't like the brush touch up applicator, get an artistic friend/car waxing fanatic to do it for you--they'll probably do a better job of it. Good luck!

Old 03-03-2006, 07:43 PM
Active Enthusiast

I don't know if they have your color, but I found a touchup "pen" at NAPA Auto Parts for my CRV in Honda colors.

Old 03-03-2006, 08:19 PM
Enthusiast

Went to the Honda dealer today and they ordered me the pen in mag pearl. Sales department said it's on them.

I guess mag pearl touch up does exist.

Cheers!

Old 03-10-2006, 06:21 PM
Enthusiast

So I got the touchup paint but the color says NH684PAH. The color code on the inside of my door says NH684P.

Are these the same color? Thanks.

Quick Reply: Oh Darnit, where can I find Magnetic Pearl Touch Up Pen?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands