Opal Silver Blue Metallic - What do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 08:59 PM
Enthusiast
Default Opal Silver Blue Metallic - What do you think?

Tonight (Sat.) I saw an Opal Silver Blue Metallic HCH II with Navi sitting in the display area of my local Honda Dealers lot. They were closed for the weekend. It may be pre-sold but it didn't have a sold sign on it. If it's not sold, I might try to buy it Monday morning when they open.

However, I tend to think of light blue as being more a feminine color than a man's color -- but I'm probably being old-fashioned and chauvanist.

What do you think? Guys, would you buy a car of this color?

( Apologies to anyone offended by my age-60 old-fashioned ideas.)

Old 04-08-2006, 09:16 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Opal Silver Blue Metallic - What do you think?

Originally Posted by MisterMac
Tonight (Sat.) I saw an Opal Silver Blue Metallic HCH II with Navi sitting in the display area of my local Honda Dealers lot. They were closed for the weekend. It may be pre-sold but it didn't have a sold sign on it. If it's not sold, I might try to buy it Monday morning when they open.

However, I tend to think of light blue as being more a feminine color than a man's color -- but I'm probably being old-fashioned and chauvanist.

( Apologies to anyone offended by my age-60 old-fashioned ideas.)
It's a matter of taste. So trust yourself. I don't have a problem with the color being "feminine", but I just don't like it. The sad thing about the 06 HCH is that the choice of colors is very poor. My silver car is the most acceptable in my mind, but not a very exciting choice. The Opal Blue is the most unique color, so if I liked it I would buy it.

Most people, it seems, like the Magnetic Pearl best.

Elan

Old 04-08-2006, 09:21 PM
MEAN TO BE GREEN ACTIVIST
Lightbulb Re: Opal Silver Blue Metallic - What do you think?

My wife and I liked the OSBM color. To be honest, I like a bolder color better. Also, if I had paid more attention, I probubly would have chosen a different color as I'm not crazy about the tan upholstery. I would have liked the blue interior better. I'm looking into some car seat covers that are washable.
Regards,

Old 04-09-2006, 12:13 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MisterMac
i'm a guy and i bought the opal silver blue metallic.

i like the way the color changes depending on the time of day. in the morning and evenings it appears more silver. at high noon, it's more blue. i also like that the opal silver blue is unique to the hybrid. plus, i've owned a lot of silver cars and was just tied of them.

in the end, any color you get is going to be great. the car is fantastic and you won't regret any color. just get one!

cheers,
neil

Old 04-09-2006, 07:56 AM
Enthusiast

My mother bpught an Opal Silver Blue 6 weeks before I bought my Magnetic Pearl. It's not a feminine looking color at all, even when it's looking pale blue. My Dad drives the car all the time, and he's in his mid 70's.

Old 04-09-2006, 09:15 AM
Active Enthusiast

you're buying a car for watching it or for driving it? get real and focus to what you want... First sign of being feminine is the "I dont think I like that color" thing...

reminds me of womens shoeshopping... high pitched of "o my god, look at these..."

Old 04-09-2006, 09:20 AM
Enthusiast

Forget about "chauvanist", don't let other people decide what you like. If you don't like the Opal Blue, don't get it, YOU are the one who has to drive the car.

When I was calling around everywhere from here to the moon looking for an HCHII, my sole requirement was "Any color BUT opal blue".

Me? Like most, I prefer the Mag Pearl, and that's what I got :-)

Old 04-09-2006, 11:07 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Wow, you have a dealer that is closed on the weekend?!? I used to love that because you could walk the lots and not have to be bothered. Now most of the dealers in my area are open 9 to 9, 7 days a week. It's annoying.

Um, are there masculine and feminine colors? Which are which? I am a bit more pragmatic and like the lighter colors because they don't show the dirty as much and therefore I don't have to wash as often.

Old 04-09-2006, 02:06 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I did not like the tan interior either. It is just way too light in my opinion. That said, it left me with only two choices: Alabaster Silver Metallic and Magnetic Pearl. I really didn't have a choice there either because the only one that my dealer could find available in town without a waiting time was Magnetic Pearl and I am very happy with it. The good news is that when you are in it, you cannot see what color it is.

Old 04-09-2006, 05:50 PM
Active Enthusiast

the OSBM was the first HCH II i saw and test drove. I was ok with the color although i too think it looks feminine but the deal killer was the plain tan interior. However the color is unique to the HCH so when millions of current generation civics are on the street it will stand out.

Quick Reply: Opal Silver Blue Metallic - What do you think?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands