Part I found in the trunk?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 08:10 PM
Active Enthusiast
Question Part I found in the trunk?

Hello,

I just got my HCH last friday and, so far, I'm loving it.

When I took delivery of the car, in the trunk there where with a bunch of srew and bolt the Front licence plate holder that I don't need in Quebec, the floor mat holder which I will install over the weekend but there where also 2 pieces I really don't know what are their purpose.

It's call "Strake" from the packing list, one goes to the right and the other to the left on the rear side of the car. It's about 6.5" by 4". Does anyone can explain where they goes?

Thanks.

One again, sorry for my poor english, it's not my first language.

Old 02-09-2006, 08:46 PM
G.H. Contributor
Angry Re: Part I found in the trunk?

Originally Posted by Soleil24
Hello,

When I took delivery of the car, in the trunk there where with a bunch of srew and bolt the Front licence plate holder that I don't need in Quebec, the floor mat holder which I will install over the weekend but there where also 2 pieces I really don't know what are their purpose.

It's call "Strake" from the packing list, one goes to the right and the other to the left on the rear side of the car. It's about 6.5" by 4". Does anyone can explain where they goes?

Thanks.

One again, sorry for my poor english, it's not my first language.
Hi;

Congrats on your new Hybrid.

Suggestion; Take your Hybrid Straight back to your dealer and show the {SERVICE-MANAGER} the parts laying in the trunk. the service department gets Paid to Install all those Pieces on your new Hybrid and he Needs to know that one of his Technicians is leaving Parts off the vehicle.

Let us know what he says?

Terry

Old 02-11-2006, 07:03 PM
It's not easy being Green
Default Re: Part I found in the trunk?

I looked at the rear of my Silver HCHII and don't see any add on "strakes". I think that a strake is usually an aerodynamic part. Anyway, nothing on my car. Could it be something like a mud flap? What color is it?

Oh, and thank your dealer for NOT putting on the front plate holder since it isn't required in Quebec.

Enjoy the new car!
MG

Old 02-11-2006, 07:32 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

[QUOTE=Soleil24]Hello,

Thanks.

LOL, gotta have a front plate holder, to hang the rebel flag tag on the front LoL

or put you and your girl friends name on a tag and hang it there....

Old 02-12-2006, 06:44 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Soleil24
If you do a search on Google for a "Strake" and Honda Civic, you find a bunch of links refering to this:

Supplemental fresh air front brake cooling is received via an aerodynamic strake positioned in front of the tire. The strake directs fresh air across the rotors for cooling much like a dedicated brake duct, allowing the brakes to be more resistant to fade in demanding high frequency and high performance stopping situations.
However, this refers only to the Si and there is nothing about the Hybrid. I agree ... take it back to your dealer quick.

Old 02-15-2006, 08:45 PM
Active Enthusiast

Finally, I resolved my strake mystery.

It goes in front of the rear tire. Don't know what it really does but it goes there.

These are a few pictures shoiwing the part installed.

Old 02-16-2006, 08:57 AM
Owner of '06 HCH #7264

Great..the mystery is solved !

I just checked my "Built for the US" car and indeed, it also has these, so it is not just a Canadian thing.

I wish I had a Canadian HCH, as I would love to have the heated Mirrors that come standard on it.

Old 02-16-2006, 09:11 AM
Active Enthusiast

Hi Jean-Francois,

I'll look for you and your strakes while I'm visiting Montreal this weekend - just in time for a return to some real winter weather, huh? Whatever happens, I think I'll take my snows off a little early this year.

I agree with Larry, I wish I could get those heated mirrors too. We have them on our Forester and I think of them as a safety feature around here.

Old 02-16-2006, 10:55 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by subnivean
Hi Jean-Francois,

I'll look for you and your strakes while I'm visiting Montreal this weekend - just in time for a return to some real winter weather, huh? Whatever happens, I think I'll take my snows off a little early this year.

I agree with Larry, I wish I could get those heated mirrors too. We have them on our Forester and I think of them as a safety feature around here.
If you see an HCH the same color as yours, there is a good chance that it's me. There is not a lot hybid car in Quebec. Most people think I'm fool buying one. You should read what people write in Quebec forums about hybrid car. Most dealer don't keep one in stock. I had to buy mine without seeing one.

May be I got the heated mirror but you get a lot more, usually car price are much higher here than in the states. Usually because of the exchange rate. There is also 15% taxes. Hybrid cars tend to be even more expensive. Fortunatly this year Honda reduce the price of its HCH around $3000. It's cost $25,800. The prius price start at $31,000. In Quebec there is no tax break when you buy hybrid car. So you really need to be "green" to buy one.

Old 02-16-2006, 05:52 PM
G.H. Contributor
Talking Re: Part I found in the trunk?

Originally Posted by lkewin
Great..the mystery is solved !

I just checked my "Built for the US" car and indeed, it also has these, so it is not just a Canadian thing.

I wish I had a Canadian HCH, as I would love to have the heated Mirrors that come standard on it.
Well Larry;

There is nothing stopping you from having those Canadian Heated Mirrors.

When I purchased my 2003 HCH I, I ordered from a Dealer in Canada the Heated Mirrors and Honda Correct Switch for them. The one thing that got a bit tricky was the Factory Wiring Harness. The USA Models Do-Not come with the same harness as the Canadian Models. So I also ordered the wiring harness and had it installed. This got real expensive and time consuming. I can tell you this though. The dealers here just tripped out when I would take it in for service and they saw the {Factory Heated Mirrors} on a USA HCH I. I also had the Sun-Roof installed in it like comes in the EX Civic. Now it really got interesting. All, I am not done. I also had the Auto-Dimming Mirror W/Compass & Outside Temp. installed. There's more, I also had {Custom PIAA HID} Fog Lights Installed. Very Bright and , That's right the Honda Fog-Light Switch from the EX Civic. So it was like Factory, only about 100-Times Brighter and they did Light the Road up. Had them Wired so you could run them with or without the Bright Lights on. Did I mention the Custom Leather Interior with the Honda Logo Embossed in the Back of the Top of The Seats? I also installed the Sylvania Silverstar Bulbs to go with the Very Bright Fog Lights. I did more than this but you get the idea, Right?

So, It's available if you want it. It's just a phone call away.

Later;

Terry

I just love those accessories:

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 02-17-2006 at 04:48 PM.

Quick Reply: Part I found in the trunk?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands