Please help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 06:53 PM
Enthusiast
Default Please help!

I have a 2008 HCH with 153,000 miles on it. It's been fine until today--when the IMA light came on. Took it in to the dealer who applied the update and drove it less than 10 miles when the light came on again. Dealer had told me that should the light come on again, I'd have to replace the battery. I drive 100 miles a day (which is one of the reasons I purchased this when my CR-V was killed by an over-medicated motorist--seriously). I'd like to continue to drive this as long as I can. Question--can I continue to drive this with the light on? I know I'll have to replace but how soon?

Old 01-03-2013, 07:02 PM
Think green.
Default Re: Please help!

Yes you can continue to drive the car with the IMA light on.

I'm not sure how long you can do so. Some folks have driven for a really long time with the light on. It probably varies depending on the individual's car, their personal driving habits and the type of route they drive each day.

Old 01-04-2013, 08:48 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Please help!

As long as it charges the 12v you should be good to go. Why don't you look for a pack out of a wreck? H