Rear speaker removal

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2004, 06:00 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I was considering upgrading the 2 rear deck speakers.

I've noticed they are screwed/bolted from the top and can not be removed from underneath in the trunk area.

On the top side, it looks like the entire plastic rear deck cover may have to be removed for acces to the speakers.

Any time saving tips:
How is this top cover fastened?
Is it a difficult job given the seatbelts are routed through?
These are 6 inch speakers. Any suggestion for replacements? I'll be using the stock head.

Old 08-04-2004, 06:47 PM

Steve,
I had to remove the deck cover, 3rd brake light, and the child seatbelt to get to mine, its not really that hard, just look for little clips (most cars are put together simmilar). Give yourself atleast two hours...if you need help...i'm always around.
Cheers,
Steven

Old 03-10-2005, 10:47 AM
Enthusiast

Greetings,

I've had some good experiences getting auto audio components from Crutchfield. They are a catalog and online supplier. They will often advise you on which components are best for a given car, and supply detailed instructions for that particular installation.

Old 03-10-2005, 02:50 PM
Active Enthusiast

I got a radio for my old car and then changed it to the HCH when I got it. The instructions that Crutchfield sent are good and if you get the speakers from there they should include them. Their instructions make it seem like you are taking the back of the car apart.

Billy

Old 03-26-2005, 07:20 AM
Keepin it hyper yo

You are taking the back of the car apart. . . but its easy. Just be careful of the defroster mounts.
I installed component Infinity reference speakers in the front (door for the mids and sails for the tweets) and rear (OEM mount for the mids and deck for the tweets). + sub, x-overs, amp, etc. I still am waiting on upgrading the head unit until there is a good iPod integration solution (I'm not a fan of Alpine's current offering)

Since you'll be powering the speakers with the stock head unit, I highly recommend efficient speakers (The Inifinities happen to be pretty darn efficient and are relatively inexpensive: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-0vPt7eT...10&I=1085000CS ) If you purchase from Crutchfield, you'll get comprehensive install instructions. If not . . I can scan mine in and send them to you - let me know.

Old 03-26-2005, 12:48 PM
Default Speakers

Thank you for the advice and instructions scan offer,
Billy was also nice enough to send them to me.

Old 03-26-2005, 01:12 PM

The tough part is putting the rear deck back on and alligning all those plastic fasteners.

Old 03-26-2005, 06:33 PM
Master Commander

Hey Guys,
I'm thinking about upgrading my speakers too. But first I would like to know what speakers you guys have already installed in your HCH and how does it sound. Also, if I install new speakers with the current head unit, would it be worth it? I'm trying to find the specifications on the current head unit and speakers, but I can't find anything but 80 watts, 4 speakers total. I have no clue what that means and looking for a little bit more detail. Also, can you send me the installation instructions too?

Thanks,
Kangeroo82

Old 03-26-2005, 08:42 PM

The stock speakers are all 6 1/2 I think. They are very poor. I've heard the stock headunit is alpine.

I've heard either installing a headunit or changing the speakers will both give you better sound.

I currently have no speakers in the rear and Phoenix gold eilite speakers in the front. I needed a spacer to make the mids fit in the door and I mounted my tweeters in the a pillar which I proceeded to cover in grille cloth.

When you swap out the speakers make sure you get a spacer or adapter. I think cruchfield sells them. I think crutchfield is a tad expensive but lots of people like them.

Old 03-27-2005, 02:44 PM
Master Commander

Alright,

Thanks for the input everyone. I would get the Pheonix Gold component speakers if I had that much bank to spare, but unfortunately I don't. This car spent most of it . But anyways, I am thinking about either getting Infinity Reference 6002si or Sony XS-V1335X in the front and Kicker 05KS60 or Infinity Reference 5000cs in the back. Could someone tell me what the best combination between these four speaker sets are and i'm worried about installing component speakers since I think you need to make another spot for the tweeters and what not and I'm no expert.

Quick Reply: Rear speaker removal

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands