Is this the regular or IMA battery?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 07:23 PM
Enthusiast
Default Is this the regular or IMA battery?

I have a 2008 Civic Hybrid and I can't tell if my recent power problems are related to the standard car battery or the IMA battery. Here are the symptoms:

-After sitting in the parking lot with the radio on for about 20 minutes, the window wouldn't move.
-Then I reset the car and everything stayed off when I turned the key.
-I waited a minute and did it again -- the car did start but it took 2-3 seconds to transition from the dashboard lights to the starting mechanism
-I drove it home and the battery icon was on for about 30 seconds after driving. During the drive home, the IMA charge meter fluctuated more quickly than usual (but maybe it's just me noticing it).
-Tonight, I reset and restarted 4-5 times. It was fine all times except for the last time, where it did the hesitation start again.
-A few hours later, I did the same thing and experienced the same results.

This is confusing because I'm guessing the window should be related to the main battery, not the IMA battery. However, from forum research, it sounds like people with IMA issues have seen similar symptoms.

I want to arm myself with as much knowledge as possible before I actually go to the Honda dealer for check up. I don't trust them.

Old 02-07-2013, 11:28 AM
Think green.
Default Re: Is this the regular or IMA battery?

I would put in a new 12V battery, especially if you are still using the original one that came with the car.