Routing wires through the firewall

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 11:44 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Routing wires through the firewall

I'm installing a small powered subwoofer in the trunk of my 2007 HCH.

I got as far as routing the wires through the back seat. (1" spade bit through the IMA battery)

Now I'm trying to figure out where to push the power wires through the firewall to attach to the 12v battery. I looked around with a flashlight but I couldn't find any grommets that seemed to be accessible from the inside to the engine compartment. If you've done this before, can you tell me where to look? I'd very much prefer to go through on the left side of the car so I don't have to run the wires across the top or back of the engine to reach the battery.

Thanks.

Old 12-28-2009, 02:52 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Routing wires through the firewall

If you remove the driver's side front plastic wheel well liner and follow the hood release cable housing that should be a pretty good route, at least it was on my 2005.

I hope you're joking about the spade bit in the rear. If you remove the rear seat you should be able to find a small hole in the rear bulkhead where the wire can be snaked through.

Old 12-28-2009, 04:03 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ovals49
If you remove the driver's side front plastic wheel well liner and follow the hood release cable housing that should be a pretty good route, at least it was on my 2005.

I hope you're joking about the spade bit in the rear. If you remove the rear seat you should be able to find a small hole in the rear bulkhead where the wire can be snaked through.
Yeah I was just joking.. I would have had a hard time with a spade bit.

I found a pretty good place along the right side behind the back seat. Thanks for the tip with the wheel well. I had a hard time getting the wheel well out when I put in my HID lights so I'm not sure if I want to do that again but it's probably the location that will give the cleanest install.

I see you're in Cape Cod. I live in Brookline so maybe when it gets warm again I'll pull the wheel off and see if I can make it work.

Thanks for the tip.

Old 12-28-2009, 04:05 PM
Active Enthusiast

I meant the left side. The wire's going to go up the left side all the way to the battery.

Old 02-03-2012, 06:26 PM
Enthusiast

I have a 2010 Insight check out this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHmEr...bNpnrEBsiqg_em

Old 02-04-2012, 07:55 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

There are spare places to hook up in the fuse box inside the cab! H

Old 02-04-2012, 07:57 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hook into the fuse box spare locations. H