Selling my 07 HCH II

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 08:50 PM
Enthusiast
Default Selling my 07 HCH II

In 2004 I decided to buy a Hybrid. I did not like the Prius dash layout or drive so I purchased a Honda Civic Hybrid demo from a dealer in Canberra. The first dealer I went to didn't have one and didn't take my enquiry seriously, so I bought the one I drove at the second dealership. I did country miles and achieved 5.2L/100kM (~45US MPG) regularly. At 160000 kM (100000Mile) I decided to trade it on another Civic Hybrid as I was more than happy with my first. I purchased a series II Civic hybrid (Nov 07 build) which has had a series of ongoing issues that Honda deny. My kids named it "Honda square wheels" after a certain cartoon character due to its intermittent surging. It has been much the same even a bit thirstier than its predecessor. I have moved from the country into the city (kids education) and its fuel consumption has also risen. Now at about 7.0L/100kM. Also the sluggish acceleration not noticable highway cruising but very noticable in the suburbs with roundabouts and fast traffic flow. I have decided to get rid of it but want to buy another hybrid. My experience with Honda has ensured I will never own another and although my wife has owned two Prius (A gen II and a gen III) I'm still uncomfortable driving one. I've checked out the new generation Camry Hybrid and I'm suitably impressed that I've put down a deposit and am anxiously awaiting delivery this month. The top spec known here as HL

Old 12-21-2012, 02:54 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Selling my 07 HCH II

Traded on A Hybrid Camry HL