Should I get the Warranty on the HCH II ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 03:33 PM
Enthusiast
Default Should I get the Warranty on the HCH II ?

I just signed the purchase order for my Magnetic Pearl with Nav and should have it within the next two weeks. What's the general consensus on the Honda Warranty, which I was quoted $1600 for 6 Years/120k miles?

Normally I never consider them (except for my laptop computers), but being a highly computerized hybrid with voice activated nav system makes me wonder if 3/36 is enough. Just one repair in 6 years could easily run $1600...What do you think?

Thanks
Mike

Old 03-17-2006, 03:41 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Should I get the Warranty on the HCH II ?

Originally Posted by NEWNEW
I just signed the purchase order for my Magnetic Pearl with Nav and should have it within the next two weeks. What's the general consensus on the Honda Warranty, which I was quoted $1600 for 6 Years/120k miles?

Normally I never consider them (except for my laptop computers), but being a highly computerized hybrid with voice activated nav system makes me wonder if 3/36 is enough. Just one repair in 6 years could easily run $1600...What do you think?

Thanks
Mike
Hello Mike,

please take into consideration that the japanese are very well known for producing the best electronics and electronic devices; this carries over into their cars as well. It's up to you if you would like to purchase the extended warranty, but personally, i wouldnt, just get your car and enjoy it.
Dont throw away $1600 to the dealer just like that, go on a long trip instead with your family or loved one; that's a lot of money make use of it another way.

regards,
gj

Old 03-17-2006, 03:45 PM
Active Enthusiast

Look at the numerous threads about costs of EW and it is half that price for an 8 year/100,000 mile no deductable EW through one of the Honda Warranty dealers. Does that make it more inviting? Roll of the dice......

Old 03-17-2006, 04:56 PM
Active Enthusiast

Mike,
I got the 6/120k $0 ded hondacare warranty from Tony Pascual at Mossisboss.com. This is not where I purchased the vehicle either as I live in Rhode Island and this dealer is in Louisiana. You can purchase a hondacare warranty from any dealer, it doesn't have to be the one you purchased your car from. By the way, I paid $825! Tony, is great to work with also and you can basically do everything online or via fax. Just look up the website and look in Finance sectiona and send him an email of what you want a quote for.

Old 03-17-2006, 04:57 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I would DEFINITELY get the warranty....

Old 03-17-2006, 04:58 PM
Active Enthusiast

Mike, I also forgot to mention that he sends you a receipt once you pay along with a brochure and then within two weeks time you get the actual contract from Hondacare.

Old 03-17-2006, 07:25 PM
Active Enthusiast

I got the warranty on my '04, the Dealer actually talked me out of one for the '06, because they know that I chaange my cars between 20-36 months. The good thing is that I got a refund check for the unused portion (total purchase price) of the extended warranty for my '04.

I would say if you plan to keep your car fo a while and for peace of mind, the extended warranty is good....also Hybrids are fairly new technology so who really knows what'll happen over time. And if you don't keep your car too long, you may get a refund for the nused warranty as I did in my case (HondaCare).

Old 03-17-2006, 09:02 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

The name Honda is enough peace of mind for me.

Now if I had bought a Chevrolet. . . .

Old 03-17-2006, 10:13 PM
G.H. Contributor
Lightbulb Re: Should I get the Warranty on the HCH II ?

Originally Posted by NEWNEW

Thanks
Mike
Mike get the Warranty !!!!!!!!!!

Terry
BTW, Just do a Search on the Internet and shop the Price.

Old 03-18-2006, 02:29 PM
Enthusiast

Now if I had bought a Chevrolet. . . .
LOL thats too funny considering my engine went at just under 95k miles on my malibu.

Quick Reply: Should I get the Warranty on the HCH II ?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands