Spare works; New Dunlop $86 @ dealer.

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 01:00 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Spare works; New Dunlop $86 @ dealer.

My wife had a flat in the Blue HCHII this morning. I met her and fairly easily changed the tire. Looks like she clipped a curb entering the freeway -- there is a lot of construction, we're not exactly sure what she hit.

Anyway, the sidewall was shredded in the process. The car handled fine and she pulled off the freeway.

The spare is very tiny, but easily mounts. I had the whole job done in less than 15 minutes.

The Bridgestone Insignia was $70 at the Tirerack, but they were on backorder. The local dealership offered one for $86 and m&b for another $23. For the convenience I couldn't pass it up.

The new tire is on the rear, so I am not too worried about handling with three 2 yr old tires. If it was on the front, I'd prob rotate the tires.

Superior Honda in Omaha was excellent as always. I didn't even consider the other two dealerhips. They had my wife waiting about 30 minutes including checking all the fluids (I'm sure the tire pressure is back to 41 now...).

Funny side note: I asked my wife to pick me up a key fob battery as mine needs a few extra button clicks lately (my 2 year old likes buttons). The Service Advisor told her I better some in. What? I got the SA on the phone and she repeated I better come on in because a "special tool" was needed to switch the battery. "A tiny screwdriver?", I asked. She conceded yes, I told her to go ahead and send the battery home. I had to smile.

Anyway, not much to report except that things just seem to go a lot smoother since I drank the Honda Kool Aide.

Sorry for the long post.

Cheers, nf

Old 10-08-2008, 10:32 AM
Default Re: Spare works; New Dunlop $86 @ dealer.

Oh, and the key battery changes very easily with a tiny screwdriver.

Old 10-24-2008, 09:03 AM
Active Enthusiast

$23 for mount and balance? crap!
But if you need it you need it.

Old 10-24-2008, 11:26 AM

Includes Hazard Insurance.