stereo install pic walkthrough

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2005, 07:27 PM
Enthusiast
Default stereo install pic walkthrough

Greetings,
I installed an aftermarket head unit last night, and figured I'd post pics of the housing removal process. If anyone has posted anything like this before, I couldn't find it. Hope it's useful to someone.

Pics in share section

Last edited by ezra; 09-08-2005 at 09:17 AM.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:21 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: stereo install pic walkthrough

When you click on the link, I get an error page.

Old 09-08-2005, 09:17 AM
Enthusiast

link fixed.

Old 09-08-2005, 11:59 AM
Active Enthusiast

awesome! i'm sure many will find this useful, if i would have had this before, i would have installed my stereo myself , thanks a bunch!

Old 09-08-2005, 12:09 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Thanks, this helped me conclude that there's no freaking way I'm going to install a new stereo. :-)

Old 09-08-2005, 12:37 PM
Vegetarian

yikes, you really have to take so much apart?

Old 09-08-2005, 02:48 PM
Enthusiast

Absolutely. It was a lot more painful than the few that I've done before. DIY vs. an installer is a tough call for me. I'd had some experience, nothing professional, but I felt like I'd be much more careful about scratches and screw torque than somebody that's going to do 4 cars in a day, and I've only got 400 miles on it, so I'm still overprotective. OTOH, any experienced installer has seen a lot of Civics, so there's no little-to-no experimentation involved. It took quite a bit longer than I'd expected, and it was really stressful, but mostly because I didn't know where the tabs were or what sort of pressure to put where. All-in-all, I'm glad I did it.

Old 09-08-2005, 04:46 PM
Enthusiast

Great post ezra.

Yeah, actually it isnt that hard once you do it once and know how it comes apart.
I actually put some speakers with tweeters in my front door and put in a kenwood player with an ipod apater thats in the glove compartment. I also used the kenwood's aux input and made a seperate aux input in one of those two pop-out covers next tot he power adapter (cig lighter thingy).

I also put in a Motorola IHF-1000 bluetooth adapter. put the speaker behind the power adapter and driled some holes into the other pop-out cover.

Piece of cake, once you get over the initial anxiety of potentially blowing up your hybrid.

Now onto the reas speakers, I hear those are a pain to get to.

Old 09-08-2005, 05:17 PM
Hybrid Wanna-be

the hardest part of any stereo install (IMHO) is to try to figure out how the dash comes apart and where to lift so that you don't break any clips. The interenet is a wealth of information and Crutchfield (although they have high prices) provide great instructions and 24/7 support.

Old 09-08-2005, 05:23 PM
Enthusiast

Hi stoshiro...

I added the Pioneer iPod interface too; I velcro'd the unit underneath the stereo housing and fed the adapter through the glovebox. I plan on replacing the stock speakers, at least the back two; I'll photoblog that too, probably sometime next week. Any ideas on a small sub solution? I had a Basslink in my Xterra, but that'd be way too much for me in the HCH, and I dont think that anything is going to sound good in the trunk. What'd you replace your front stocks with?

Quick Reply: stereo install pic walkthrough

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands