stereo install pic walkthrough

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 06:17 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: stereo install pic walkthrough

Anyone got a brand/specific color suggestion for painting the black aftermarket stereo adapter thingy to match the silver dash?

Old 09-08-2005, 06:33 PM
Enthusiast

Not now, but I'm going to see if the dealer has any info on it next week. I figure that they have to use something to repairs scratches on trade-ins...

Old 09-08-2005, 07:06 PM
Enthusiast

I put in a set of Infinit Reference components. Saw them on Crutchfield, but ordered through ebay.

They were pretty easy to put in, but had to buy some 1/2 spacers to get them to stay in the door. Also had to drill out the 1.5 inch hole for the tweeters.

They come in a black and gray housing and stick out about 1.4 inch, a bit more than I wouldve liked, but they dont look too bad.

Tey sound 10x better than the stock ones.

BTW - to get the stock ones out, just get a big flat head screwdriver and pry it out using the slot at the very top of the speaker. No need to pull off the plastic and go from behind the speaker at all.