Swapped Batteries - Grid Charged - now IMA, battery, & CEL on, also won’t charge/assi

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2019, 07:58 PM
Enthusiast
Default Swapped Batteries - Grid Charged - now IMA, battery, & CEL on, also won’t charge/assi

I have been driving an 07 hybrid. I know the battery is close to having issues. I drive very hybrid friendly and only get 42 mpg. Car starts out really sluggish, no acceleration etc.

i found a battery at the junk yard, swapped it out, grid charged it and started it up and it started with the motor. Then the battery light went red, cel and ima light came on. It does when idling. But will restart with the engine. Shows one or zero bars.

I thoight the battery pack was bad (even though it grid charged to 290) and I swapped it back out with the original one and same issue. Grid charged that one and still same issue.

Im thinking maybe I blew a fuse or something else. Sadly I don’t have a code reader that will read the codes. I’m wondering if there is any fuses I can check to see if they are blown. I’ve looked everywhere and can’t find any info if there is a specific IMA fuse.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I will try and get the codes tomorrow. Thank you!

Old 04-10-2019, 10:33 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Swapped Batteries - Grid Charged - now IMA, battery, & CEL on, also won’t charge/

Get a code reader or take it to O'Reilly to have your codes read. The car is desperate to tell you what's wrong. Give it a chance.

Note that when the red 12V light is on, you are NOT charging your 12V battery, and your car will die. Put it on a 12V charger nightly if you have to drive it.

Don't be afraid to Google! Get the owner's manual from Honda's site and go through the fuses:

http://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/p...7/nc0707om.pdf

How did you grid charge it? I hope you're kidding about grid charging to 290... that's impossible.

Old 04-10-2019, 11:12 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Swapped Batteries - Grid Charged - now IMA, battery, & CEL on, also won’t charge/

Originally Posted by S Keith
Get a code reader or take it to O'Reilly to have your codes read. The car is desperate to tell you what's wrong. Give it a chance.

Note that when the red 12V light is on, you are NOT charging your 12V battery, and your car will die. Put it on a 12V charger nightly if you have to drive it.

Don't be afraid to Google! Get the owner's manual from Honda's site and go through the fuses:

http://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/p...7/nc0707om.pdf

How did you grid charge it? I hope you're kidding about grid charging to 290... that's impossible.
Sorry I meant 190, I knew I got the numbers mixed up. I used the prolong grid charger I’ve had for a year. This is my third hybrid that I’ve fixed the ima battery on so I don’t think I missed a connection or anything. I’ll check with oreilly tomorrow and let you know. Thank you!

Old 04-10-2019, 11:34 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

190V is more reasonable.

Please confirm
  1. The cooling fan was fully operational
  2. It was running while you were charging
  3. the IPU lid was in-place, fully secured and sealed?
Third hybrid you've fixed the ima battery on? Sounds like you're counting #3 prematurely.