For those of you curious about how the hybrid compares to the non-hybrid...

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 05:43 PM
Geek
Default For those of you curious about how the hybrid compares to the non-hybrid...

This thread is interesting. Most of them have several thousand miles on their car so it's broken in, and their data (in warm temperatures at least) is pretty consistent. This post was probably the most useful:

In straight city driving (in-town interstate for < 5 miles, secondary roads, etc.) I am not seeing much more than 25 mpg. And I drive like a granny, no speeding, gentle acceleration, coasting down hill, etc. (I've been driving an Expedition and have learned how to drive in order to squeeze every last mile out of a drop of gas).

On the highway for sustained cruises, however, I consistenly get between 37 and 43 depending on the speed (cruise control @63 mph = 43, cruise @ 75 = 37).

The city mpg of around 25 is a bit disappointing.

Currently I have just under 4K total miles on my 06 ex 4dr automatic.
So there you go. The hybrid is better in all situations.

Old 12-15-2005, 07:49 PM
G.H. Contributor
Lightbulb Re: For those of you curious about how the hybrid compares to the non-hybrid...

Originally Posted by CGameProgrammer
This thread is interesting. Most of them have several thousand miles on their car so it's broken in, and their data (in warm temperatures at least) is pretty consistent. This post was probably the most useful:

So there you go. The hybrid is better in all situations.
I can believe those FE numbers because I have read them before and I did not own a 06 Civic but I did own a 05 Civic W/Auto Trans. and it got:
24.94; 26.43; 28.57; 26.55; 27.82; 28.98; 28.86; 27.69; 28.64 MPG in the City.

Thats why I ordered the 06 HCH ll because I think it has to do better than that. Fingers crossed

I talked to the Honda Dealer next door to me and that was what the sells rep. said their customers were getting. So it may be rated at 30 MPG City but as we know, that does not mean that the every day person will get that.

I'll stick with the HCH ll and be (Happy)

Terry

Old 12-15-2005, 10:58 PM
04 prius 350,000km
Default Re: For those of you curious about how the hybrid compares to the non-hybrid...

honestly there's been so many siutations in the city where i go "WOW i could SO USE A HYBRID RIGHT NOW!!!" too many!!!

bs for those who said hybrids aren't efficent, there the next best thing for the city!! its just the noobs who complain about the mileage because they are sustained with old driving habits. Instead of trying for better they think complaining would be better, then again all noobs do. Complain complain complain....

why don't you try for once you noobs? god any moron can drive fast, but it takes real skill to achieve high mileage.

Old 12-15-2005, 11:07 PM
Default Re: For those of you curious about how the hybrid compares to the non-hybrid...

If they didn't care they wouldn't be here. I think its unfair how you catagorized "noobs" Please don't be so hostile.

Old 12-17-2005, 02:27 AM
04 prius 350,000km

sorry most of my anger is for those who loves to tailgate me so he can beat me to a red light. Usually they want to get into the left lane or right to make a turn and waiting for me to go around. When they finally get the chance to do so I notice he speeds up so he can see my face. I simply just brake immediately so that his speeds flies past mine ;D. By the time I get to the red light that changed green, he's already flooring away from my sight being the impatent *** that he is.

Now my remarks are aimed like guys like him ^, none of my remarks are aimed for those who read upon this site. Its a good thing your learning about how to conserve and be a little more patient. I doubt for those with that kind of additute would come to a site like this in the first place unless he's so broke he decided to have a change of heart. I was always a fuel miser and continue to do so, and I'm not jealous at all even if I lose 5 to 10 minutes on the road. That means an extra song or two from my cd, but I still have some hope for our future. Today on my way to work I saw people slow down to a red light like me! And it wasn't just one guy it was a pack of people! Suv, trucks and cars, keeping one car lengths from each other and accelerating when the light turns green. At least some people are learning thank you!!!!!

Phil