Vibration noise -when stereo volume is up

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 12:26 PM
Enthusiast
Question Vibration noise -when stereo volume is up

I have only had my HCH 06 for 2 days. I noticed today that when I turned the volume up a bit that the door vibrates against the dashboard - causing it to sound like the speakers are blown. I am not listening to the stereo too loud nor do I have the base up really high. It happens with pretty much any song with a hint of bass. I am able to "fix" the problem temporarily by wedging something like a napkin between the door and the dash - but with a brand new car - i am thinking this shouldnt be happening.

Has anyone else noticed this? Didnt know if this was something all the HCH 06's was doing or if maybe mine has something wrong with it.

Old 02-21-2006, 12:31 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Vibration noise -when stereo volume is up

I have a similar problem (although it really hasn't bothered me enough to do anything about it). It is bascially, the door rubbing against the dash which at highway speeds. The vibration of driving causes a very slight squeaking or vibrating noise. I have not noticed it happening when music is on the radio (possibly because the noise is so slight).

DKeane

Old 02-21-2006, 12:41 PM
Active Enthusiast

I haven't had that experience with my '06....I occasionally listen to hip-hop and had it cranked up the other day with no issues. I'd have it checked out.

Old 02-21-2006, 01:10 PM
Enthusiast

I've had the exact same problem. I notice it with songs with punchy tight base; it's like the speaker is forcing air to move inside the door and it pushes the top portion of the door against the dash.

It sounds to me exactly like a blown speaker, which made me sad at first; instead I'm just kind of annoyed.

Old 02-21-2006, 01:30 PM
World's First Hybrid

Originally Posted by swaymire78
I have only had my HCH 06 for 2 days. I noticed today that when I turned the volume up a bit that the door vibrates against the dashboard - causing it to sound like the speakers are blown. I am not listening to the stereo too loud nor do I have the base up really high. It happens with pretty much any song with a hint of bass. I am able to "fix" the problem temporarily by wedging something like a napkin between the door and the dash - but with a brand new car - i am thinking this shouldnt be happening.

Has anyone else noticed this? Didnt know if this was something all the HCH 06's was doing or if maybe mine has something wrong with it.
Try and get some of that thin adhesive neoprene weather stripping from ACE and place it in the area of vibration. This may work as a temp fix until the shop can adjust the fit of the door???

Old 02-21-2006, 05:49 PM
G.H. Contributor
Unhappy Re: Vibration noise -when stereo volume is up

swaymire78
Enthusiast
steve04
Enthusiast

Hi,

Just wanted to take a minute and Welcome both of you to GreenHybrid Forum.

Sorry to here about this Rattling Speaker/Door problem. I would suggest taking your New Cars back to your Dealers and letting them Correct the Problem. I see No-Reason to have to put up with this out of a brand New Car. That is what the Warranty is for.

Let us know here how it turns out?

Good-Luck;
Terry

Old 02-21-2006, 06:19 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

That's called "fit and finish" folks, and if those little annoyances bother you then just be glad you didn't get the VW TDI (where they should call it "grin and bear it")

Old 02-21-2006, 10:57 PM
MEAN TO BE GREEN ACTIVIST
Talking Re: Vibration noise -when stereo volume is up

Shannon & Steve04,

I've had my '06 HCH for about 6 weeks. I haven't noticed this problem. I'm slightly deaf, so I crank the stereo on some songs. I have the Bass Boost, but this would not affect the front speakers. By the way, WELCOME TO GREEN HYBRID ! Be sure to enter your mileage in the database. If it was me, I'd be setting up an appointment with your Honda Service Depts. to get the vibration fixed. Good luck & congrats with your new rides !

Regards,

Old 02-22-2006, 07:01 AM
Enthusiast

Today I noticed that it vibrated a little bit just while driving. Nowhere near the loudness while listening to music. It most definitely is the door panel vibrating against the dash. Music is a passion of mine and the fact that I cannot listen to music in my HCH with quality sound really makes me upset. I really don't know if this is something can be fixed. But I am going to take it in sometime this week. I will keep you all posted on what I find out - if anything.

Old 02-22-2006, 09:55 AM
Owner of '06 HCH #7264

This is a great tread and something I will check out on my way home tonight, as I have noticed was I would say was a blown speaker, ever since deleivery. There was some discussion on the sound quality of AM on another thread https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...ible.5871.html As I commented there, I thought the sound quality of anything was bad and I seemed to be one of the few with that thought.

I definitly have something wrong (vibrating door or blown speaker I still am not sure) but will be getting it fixed when I take the car in for it preventitive maintenance check in a few months

Quick Reply: Vibration noise -when stereo volume is up

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands