Vibration noise -when stereo volume is up

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 03:33 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Vibration noise -when stereo volume is up

I have a HCH 06 and a week after I got the car when I was blasting my music, I thought I heard a vibrating noise coming from the dashboard or the left speaker near it. I haven't mentioned it to the dealer because I was the only one in the car at the time and I thought I might have been a bit paranoid about my new car but now that you mention it, I guess there really is some kind of factory problem (-_-')

Old 04-23-2006, 05:47 PM
Enthusiast
Thumbs up Re: Vibration noise -when stereo volume is up

Ok! Finally took her in and the vibration noise that i noticed when turning up the volume is completley gone!! Please see my original post for info.... basically whenever my volume was up on the stereo i could hear a vibration (almost sounded like the front speakers were blown) in my speakers. I took it in and apparently the added some sort of foam tape to the inside of my front door panels. The noise is completely gone!!! HOORAY~!

Last edited by swaymire78; 04-23-2006 at 05:56 PM.
Old 04-23-2006, 06:09 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Excellent - thanks for keeping us posted, in case this ever happens to the rest of us!

Old 12-06-2006, 07:54 PM
Enthusiast

I have that annoying vibration noise when the stereo is turned up to a moderate level. Sounds like the speaker is blown out but it is not. I've had the speaker replaced and still the same problem. I think the door is vibrating against the dash panel or something. Very annoying and makes me question the craftsmanship of this car.

Old 12-06-2006, 08:21 PM
Hypermiler wanna Be

I have not heard a noise like a blown speaker, but I do get a periodic vibration sound that comes from the retractable handle (grab bar?) above the drivers side door. I am sure it is coming from the handle because as soon as I pull it down a little and release it, the noice goes away. It is not real loud, but more of a vibration that is noticeable because it is so close to my ear.

Anyone else notice this?

By the way, I have about 11K on my HCHII, and I do like this car. I had the driver's side window issue, but the dealer replaced the channels during a routine oil change (and provided a loaner for the day), I have noticed the slight marring of the paint near the corners of the rear spoiler, and I have this little buzz from this grab bar, but I sure appreciate the 50 MPG.

It has finally gotten cold in the Chicago area, and I have noticed a substantial drop in FE, but I talked to a friend who has a Prius, and she said she was getting 38MPG in the cold, and I am getting 40, so I still think I made the right decision...and I hate the look of the Prius.

Greg

Old 12-07-2006, 06:04 AM
Enthusiast

you should have the foam tape applied to the inner door panel. it completely fixed the vibration problem for me....