Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Honda Civic Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-civic-hybrid-12/)
-   -   want to help me setup www.hchcentral.com? (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-civic-hybrid-12/want-help-me-setup-www-hchcentral-com-6477/)

nbalthaser 03-21-2006 08:47 PM

want to help me setup www.hchcentral.net?

hi everyone, i just purchased www.hchcentral.net. i thought maybe we could pool all the info we've got and create something similar to www.insightcentral.net. is there any interest in doing this?

mexiken 03-21-2006 09:24 PM

Re: want to help me setup www.hchcentral.com?

I don't mind helping out. Just let me know what you want me to do....

Kephra 03-22-2006 03:17 AM

Re: want to help me setup www.hchcentral.net?

Originally Posted by nbalthaser
hi everyone, i just purchased www.hchcentral.net. i thought maybe we could pool all the info we've got and create something similar to www.insightcentral.net. is there any interest in doing this?

Great Idea!

tbaleno 03-22-2006 06:52 AM

What is the point? This site offers a lot of usefull info on the HCH. If it's not here I go to 7thgencivic. As an owner of an HCH I don't think I would find another site useful.

What kind of content would you offer that would be unique?

Sledge 03-22-2006 06:53 AM

Don't forget 8thgencivic.com :)

nbalthaser 03-22-2006 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by tbaleno
What is the point? This site offers a lot of usefull info on the HCH. If it's not here I go to 7thgencivic. As an owner of an HCH I don't think I would find another site useful.

What kind of content would you offer that would be unique?

well, my thinking is that www.hchcentral.net would be focused on the hybrid version of the civic. i like insightcentral.net because it literally has almost everything you would ever want to know about the insight in one place. this is a great site, but it's not just about the hch so the content is organized differently and it takes time to find things you might be looking for. www.hchcentral.net would be more of an hch enthusiast's site. there would be a technical section, a section on the history of the civic hybrid; a section that would compare the hch against various other hybrids; tips and tricks section; etc.

you may have a point however.... what do others think?

Donald 03-22-2006 08:43 AM

Neil,

I'm not real techno-savy. I do think it could be very helpful to have such a site. In the past, I've read threads by what I thought were HCH owners - only to discover towards the end of the thread it was an Insight :( or worst a Prius owner :angry: . Wasted my time. So go for it! I know there are others who could assist you if they can. Good luck & I'll be watching.

Tulip 03-22-2006 08:50 AM

Should'nt the name be www.civichybrid.net How will outsiders find yours? HCH is an abbreviation which you have to be on the "inside" to understand. It could even be www.hondacivichybrid.net.

However I guess that the search engines will find it whatever you decide to call it.

Like others I question the fundamental need? This present site would be perfect for me if there was an index of threads under generic headings.

There will be a huge amount of administration to set up the software but as they say "faint heart ne'er won fair lady !"

philmcneal 03-22-2006 05:21 PM

i say yes, you can go there for anything about teh hch, here you have to look it up in 30420284384029842093824 posts.

dlingner 03-23-2006 01:10 PM

I like the idea and the preliminary site splash page looks great already.