want to help me setup www.hchcentral.com?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 02:34 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: want to help me setup www.hchcentral.com?

The front page looks nice. Looking forward to seeing the site succeed.

Old 03-23-2006, 03:39 PM
Enthusiast

I all for it and would be willing to help. You should check out www.hondapilot.org for some ideas.

Old 03-23-2006, 10:37 PM
Active Enthusiast

ok, this is good but i'm realizing that there's going to be quite a bit of work to do. does anyone know of a good open source program for a knowledge base and forum? there's got to be some good ones and i wouldn't have the time to write these myself. anyone? bueller? bueller?

Old 03-24-2006, 12:02 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nbalthaser
ok, this is good but i'm realizing that there's going to be quite a bit of work to do. does anyone know of a good open source program for a knowledge base and forum? there's got to be some good ones and i wouldn't have the time to write these myself. anyone? bueller? bueller?
Forum script software shoudln't be too hard. Here is a good free PHP forum (Simple Machines) I've set up at a few sites. Its administrator interface is a bit klunkier than some commercial software like vBulletin, but from a user perspective, it's farily full-featured, and there are a good number of 3rd party mods for it. For such a niche community as HCH alone, it's definitely hard to justify ~$200 software licenses for forums, when something like SMF is available free. I may be able to help a bit with setting up the forums.

I would definitely like to see an HCH exclusive site though, simply so that we can have centralized things such as potential mods and so on in one place. I'd love to see some enthusiasts start working on modifications similar to MIMA, and some of the neat things the Insight community has done, since I plan to keep my HCH-1 a long time, and do some mods of my own, a HCH-specific site could be useful to share knowledge about vehicle-specific technical mods.

Old 03-24-2006, 09:27 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

www.hondahybrids.com

Link to your site for HCH, link to insightcentral, and of course, link to here... Too bad there's not enough interest in HAH's to have their own site!

Old 03-26-2006, 09:31 AM
G.H. Contributor
Post Re: want to help me setup www.hchcentral.com?

nbalthaser
Enthusiast

Well I just took delivery of my 2006 HCH II and I would be interested in seeing how this works out.

I can tell you this that I have some friends that have most recently opened up a Forum and I think I should let you know that it is a Bear to get things going. They both are Computer Guys and one works in the field daily and still they work on their Site sometimes, 12-16 Hrs daily when they can. I'm just telling you this so you will be prepared to spend alot of your Personal Time every day to get the Site up and then to get the Members their to support it. It is an ongoing daily Effort.

These comments are {Not} meant to Discourage you any any way but simply to let you know on the front end that it is Extremely Time Consuming at best.

See my Pics and other interesting things:
Click on Link Below for some Really fantasic Pictures:

http://www.cleanmpg.com/photos/showg...age/1/ppuser/5

http://www.cleanmpg.com/photos/showg...age/2/ppuser/5

Best-Of-Luck

Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 03-26-2006 at 09:38 AM.