what accesories use the locations near the accessory outlet?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2005, 08:23 PM
Default what accesories use the locations near the accessory outlet?

I'm wondering why honda left 2 spots in the 03' civic to put buttons in near the power socket where you plug your cell phones and stuff in to charge.

Does anyone know what buttons can go in there. I modified mine to put a switch in there but I'm wondering if there are OEM switches that can go in there.

Old 10-29-2005, 08:51 PM
now Insight, had an HCH
Default Re: what accesories use the locations near the accessory outlet?

I think something was mentioned about the Euro/Japanese models having something there. Geez, can't remember what! If anyone has a service manual, it may say in there.

Old 10-30-2005, 06:27 AM
The "Green" One

Originally Posted by tbaleno
I'm wondering why honda left 2 spots in the 03' civic to put buttons in near the power socket where you plug your cell phones and stuff in to charge.

Does anyone know what buttons can go in there. I modified mine to put a switch in there but I'm wondering if there are OEM switches that can go in there.
Well I do know for sure that at least one of those locations is used for the fog light switch. Not really sure what the other might be used for. Aftermarket alarm?

-Ryan

Old 10-30-2005, 10:00 AM

It would be a wonderful thing if I could get a fog light switch that fits in that location. If anyone knows where I can get one and the part number (preferably online) please let me know. I have a fog light switch there now but its the size of the cruise control and rear defroster switches so I had to cut it up a bit and would love to have a switch that fits in that location stock without modification.

Old 10-30-2005, 11:27 AM
Active Enthusiast

tom,

The P/N for the fog switch kit is 08V31-S5D-120C (4 door application), and can be had for < $12 via www.hondaautomotiveparts.com

installation directions here: http://www.handa-accessories.com/civic/civ03fogs.pdf (note page 11 for switch specific info).

hope this helps.

Last edited by lindermant; 10-30-2005 at 12:20 PM.
Old 10-30-2005, 01:49 PM

None of those foglight kits have the same panel as Mine. They all have horizontal switches and my panel has vertical mounted switch openings. So I cant be sure if they will fit.

Old 10-30-2005, 02:12 PM
Active Enthusiast

note part number 45 (left side of pic) used for both vertical and horizontal switch openings - they're the same size

Old 10-30-2005, 03:45 PM

Well, I order the switch. Its pretty cheap so no lose of by some fluke it doesn't fit i'm not realy out anything. I also ordered a lower console garnish to replace the one I hacked up.

It would be realy nice to get it stock looking.

Old 10-31-2005, 02:21 PM
Enthusiast

some of the japanese civic have heated seats, probably why they have two openings. for the us model the fog light switch goes there.

Old 10-31-2005, 07:22 PM
Vegetarian

if i ever get something to get my iPod connected (internally) to my radio i was thinking of having the plug come out there.

Quick Reply: what accesories use the locations near the accessory outlet?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands