View Poll Results: What would make you trade for a new Insight?
More space
21.05%
More fuel efficiency
65.79%
More power
0%
Nothing could ever top my HCH--I would never trade!
13.16%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

What could Honda do with the new "Insight" to make you trade?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 09:08 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default What could Honda do with the new "Insight" to make you trade?

OK, there are about 7 threads about the new car going right now, but let's get some real discussion going. What do you want to see Honda do with the new car? What would make you trade in your HCH for the next gen? What would be a deal breaker for you that would make you stop?

For me, the new body style is the biggest reason to contemplate a trade. I really miss the functionality of having a hatch back (wagon) and the abilty to put the seats down. However, if the new car didn't have fold flat(ish) seats, it wouldn't be very interesting to me.

The biggest thing I can think of that would be a deal killer to me would be if it lacks the HCH gauges. I LOVE having the speedometer, and the iFCD right in my line of sight. It looks like the Insight will have a similar spedo, but the iFCD there is key too. I also like the chrg and asst bars--much more functional than the Prius where you can't tell from the graph HOW MUCH juice you are using.

What do you think?

Old 07-17-2008, 11:33 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: What could Honda do with the new "Insight" to make you trade?

The new car will intrigue me, but I'm happy with what I already have. Sedans are my preferred style of vehicle, with their handling and comfort. I can see the draw for hatchbacks, they're just not my first choice.

Old 07-18-2008, 05:38 AM
Active Enthusiast

The dealer would have to give me what I paid for my HCH, and the federal gov't would have to give me a fat tax credit for buying the new hybrid.

Old 07-18-2008, 08:03 AM

It would have to be much improved for me to trade the HCH2! H

Old 07-18-2008, 08:35 AM

How about availability?

At this point, I am worried I may be forced into a minivan. With a second child on the way and an elderly mother moving here within a year, I'd love a diesel hybrid Odyssey (or Stream).

So, I guess I have to vote for more space....

nf

Old 07-18-2008, 11:12 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1stpik
The dealer would have to give me what I paid for my HCH, and the federal gov't would have to give me a fat tax credit for buying the new hybrid.
I'm with you, 1stpik. I've had my HCH for only a few months; my last car--a '93 Accord lasted 15 years--and there'd have to be a heck of a monetary incentive to make me want to buy another car!

Old 07-21-2008, 04:46 PM

The Insight suffered from both lack of space and excessive emissions (too high to qualify for the federal tax deductions or credits). Both of those flaws would have to be resolved for me to consider a new one.

In addition, with a plug-in Prius on the way soon, a revamped Insight should have that feature as well.

Old 07-21-2008, 04:54 PM
Active Enthusiast

80 mpg with AC running. That's my threshold. My 'bad' FE in winter needs to be no less than 65 mpg. Probably will need to be a plug-in... I voted FE.

Old 07-21-2008, 05:04 PM

Though not in your survey, how about NOT look like a Prius & have plug in....at least MY next car will be plug in so I can drive it during the week 2 & from work and the gas guzzling hybrid on the weekend.

Old 09-01-2008, 09:38 PM
Energy Independence

For GREAT FE, I'd certainly consider it.
I really want to see the coming new plug-ins , though, so I'll probably wait until then to consider a replacement for the HCH2.

Quick Reply: What could Honda do with the new "Insight" to make you trade?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands