What are people paying for their 2006 Civic Hybrids in CA?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2005, 12:24 PM
Enthusiast
Default What are people paying for their 2006 Civic Hybrids in CA?

Just curious what people are paying for their 2006 Honda Civic Hybrids in California? Do you think it is worth it to pay a little more for an immediate delivery without being on a waiting list?

MHRWC

Old 11-19-2005, 12:28 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: What are people paying for their 2006 Civic Hybrids in CA?

I paid MSRP, and although many dealers are charging as much as $5,000 over, with a bit of research you can still find a dealer who will sell to you at MSRP. Given that you can save yourself thousands of dollars by driving a bit farther, I don't think it's worth it to pay more.

Check out the 'MSRP???' thread in this forum for more info on dealers and what they are charging in the Bay area. That data is a couple of weeks old, so things might have changed. I have gotten several calls from dealers over the last couple of days saying that they have them on their lots, so you might not have to wait. Where are you in CA?

Old 11-19-2005, 12:31 PM
Enthusiast

How long did you have to wait for yours? I am in Fremont, CA. Thanks for the tip, I will go check out the MSRP thread.

Old 11-19-2005, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by MHRWC
How long did you have to wait for yours? I am in Fremont, CA. Thanks for the tip, I will go check out the MSRP thread.
I only had to wait about a week, but I think that's just because I ordered about a week before the ship from Japan hit San Diego. I'm guessing that if you start calling today, you will either get one without a wait (still sitting on a lot from the ship that just arrived), or you will be waiting for the next boat (maybe a month? just guessing).

Dealers have told me that the max wait is usually about 5 weeks after the production date for the car.

Old 11-19-2005, 01:17 PM
MPG FANATIC WITH GUZZLERS
Default Actual price rather than MSRP+-

If it isn't too indelicate, maybe you folks could post the actual selling price-and the options- and trade in-rather than just stating MSRP,or sticker etc. Many sticker prices have been modified with pin stripes and other high profit add ons-such as Toyotas famous Value pks,and protection pks,extra value pks etc.Tell us the out the door price you paid,and what you traded in.Let us know the tax rate in your state.
If you pay MSRP,does that mean delivery charge was reduced or deducted?It is a legit charge.Might be helpful to know how much the dealer fees were-$150-$200 is about normal-much more than that is an "extra charge".I know it is a bit much to ask,someone is always going to say,"boy I got it for $2k less than that." Early buyers usually do pay more, but life is short; you get to enjoy it sooner. Besides,they probably got the $2K less guy on the financing or trade in-DEALER ALWAYS MAKE A PROFIT ON EVERY SALE-ALWAYS-THEY NEVER SELL FOR THEIR TRUE COST(at least not a desirable car-they might dump an ugly colored loser like a puke green Cavalier)!!Thanks.Charlie

Old 11-19-2005, 01:51 PM
Enthusiast

Honda's MSRP is always the same no matter where you go. It doesn't change unless the dealer adds accessories to the vehicle. So, when people talk about MSRP, they are referring to $22,400 w/o nav and $23,900 w/ nav.

Old 11-19-2005, 02:18 PM

I am in Fremont, CA.
I'd recommend Hank Klaren at Tracy Honda. He was honest, up front, had good info, and was selling at MSRP.

Old 11-19-2005, 02:50 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Honda's MSRP is always the same no matter where you go. It doesn't change unless the dealer adds accessories to the vehicle. So, when people talk about MSRP, they are referring to $22,400 w/o nav and $23,900 w/ nav.
Actually the MSRPs are 21850 and 22350 respectively. The prices quoted above include the destination charge. The only additional charge above it that I would tolerate is a doc fee of about $50. Don't pay for anything more. Don't accept any extras that you don't want.

With that information, if you want a vehicle right now, get a list of all the Honda dealerships within 50 miles of your home and start making phone calls. If they have the car you want (the more flexible you are about color and Nav the easier it will be), for MSRP, drop everything and go there immediately to pick up the car. If a dealer doesn't have what you want, ask when you might call again to check on new shipments. It takes time, effort, and patience. But I bet you can get the car you want for MSRP within a few weeks at most.

After the first round of calls you can eliminate all the dealers asking for more than MSRP, and you'll have a much shorter list. Tell those asking for more to call you when they change their mind.

Old 11-19-2005, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by ElanC
Actually the MSRPs are 21850 and 22350 respectively. The prices quoted above include the destination charge.
True, but of the 35 bay area dealers I contacted, every one that charged 'MSRP' also charged the standard $550 destination fee (charged by Honda to the dealer).

Old 11-19-2005, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by NASAgineer
True, but of the 35 bay area dealers I contacted, every one that charged 'MSRP' also charged the standard $550 destination fee (charged by Honda to the dealer).
What? MSRP, not including delivery, is $21850 and $23350. Add $550 and you get $22400 and $23900.

Anyway I paid MSRP with no accessories and the only fee was a $45 paperwork fee. Then there was $200 title and ~$1700 sales tax. Oh, and $8 tire tax. I bought from Bill Duron of Fuller Honda in Chula Vista (south of San Diego). I mention this not only in case you try to buy there but also just as a name to drop when trying to negotiate a fair deal if it comes to that. I had a deposit at another dealer that wanted $1000 markup, and when I withdrew it (after buying from Fuller) he practically pleaded to renegotiate and give me the car for MSRP. Pathetic. Well if all the dealers around you are *******s then you might want to consider leaving a deposit and then withdrawing it a while later, saying you found another dealer that offered a better deal.

Of course you ideally just shouldn't buy from a dealer that necessitates the use of such tactics, but if you have no luck finding an honest dealer then you might have to be not-so-honest yourself.

Quick Reply: What are people paying for their 2006 Civic Hybrids in CA?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands