whats different in Civic Hybrid 2010?

Old 05-01-2009, 05:36 PM
Enthusiast
Question whats different in Civic Hybrid 2010?

i'm shopping for HCH right now to replace a HCH 2003.

i'm not too thrilled about the 2009 color choices, and wheels that come with it, so i'm wondering if i should hold out till September when then 2010 arrive.

for the most part i understand 2010 will not be a significant improvement,
but does anyone have any info on what WOULD be different?

Thanks.

Last edited by borisattva; 05-01-2009 at 08:05 PM.
Old 05-01-2009, 07:28 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Arrow Re: whats different in Civic Hybrid 2010?

The '09 was the mid-cycle refresh, so you probably won't see much change for '10. Prices are at all-time lows right now, and as the general economy improves, the window of today's deals may close. Check out the new Polished Metal color this year. It is stunning, especially w/beige leather!

Honda is tight-lipped about upcoming changes, so you probably won't hear anything for months.

Old 05-01-2009, 08:01 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: whats different in Civic Hybrid 2010?

polished metal is one of the 2 colors i considered in the 09 models. alabaster silver was another.

unfortunately, neither truly grabs me. i was really disappointed to see that the opal silver blue metallic was discontinued. depending on lighting available, the car would look green, blue or silver. very unique from my perspective, as opposed to the ordinary blah colors on HCH this year..
that color also make the car look spotless even though i never once took it to a carwash, and abused it in some pretty extreme weather.

i'm surprised and annoyed to see alloy wheels that are made to look like cheap hub caps. the fact that the center cup is easily removable by prankster, is not a plus either.

tacky 80's styling steering wheel design (spoke going through the bottom? WHY?), and still no option for an OEM sunroof (aftermarkets have a tendency to leak) 6 years later, sad.

if there is a chance that any one of those would be remedied i'd wait till september. the 2010 Insight styling gives me hope, and i almost bought it, until i tried to sit in the rear seats, and found out my knees were pierced into the drivers seat, and my toes had no room to go under.

if Insight is honda's one-trick-pony for the 2010 HH, i just might give Ford Fusion Hybrid a chance..

Old 05-02-2009, 07:08 AM

I doubt you'll see those specific changes. The color selections have been a bone of contention since the car was first introduced, and now you have seen Honda's response. The alloy wheels received a slight update this year. Have a look at the UK Honda website, and you'll see that other wheels are fitted to the Honda Civic Hybrid sold there. However, I do like the pie plate wheels, although I might be in the minority about that. Generally, I think most people like the steering wheel, as it is. Doubt you will ever see a sunroof as Honda has stated specific reasons for not including it.

Old 05-02-2009, 07:35 AM
Enthusiast

ive hit up european honda sites when i started looking for clues of any '10 redesignes.

in addition to better looking alloy wheels though, i noticed that the tail lights have a different layout as well:

http://www.honda.co.uk/cars/civichyb...4_exterior.jpg

do you think these differences are due to preferences across world markets, or could this be the new look for '10?

the pdf brochure on UKs site says those cars will become available 'summer 2009' so the photos must be 2010 lineup..

Old 05-02-2009, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by borisattva
in addition to better looking alloy wheels though, i noticed that the tail lights have a different layout as well:

do you think these differences are due to preferences across world markets, or could this be the new look for '10?
The body style you referenced has been the worldwide non-US Civic Hybrid body style since 2006. The US-spec bumpers and related trim comply with our tougher standards. UK is the only country I know where Honda does not use the pie-plate wheels on the Civic Hybrid.

Old 05-02-2009, 08:02 AM
Enthusiast

thanks for all the insight

Old 05-02-2009, 08:42 AM

Boris, there's a bit of a pun in that

Traditionally, Honda upgrades it's models every four years, but I think the Civic Hybrid is contrary so far. Didn't the first generation only go 2 years? And with the styling changes in the '09, that might indicate no major change in '10, but who knows.

Old 05-02-2009, 08:53 AM

Honda has been favoring a five-year cycle lately, and there are strong rumors that the current Civic Hybrid will have a six-year cycle. One must adapt to the state of technology and the economics of the times.

Old 05-02-2009, 09:03 AM
Enthusiast

yes, i was going to say 2003 lasted through 2005 aside from minor front grill changes. 06-09 have been the same and seems like '10 will too.

all the ford fusion hybrids trims i considered, have been sold out locally.
i guess i'll give HCH 09 another look

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: whats different in Civic Hybrid 2010?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands