Where are y'all taking your HCH's for the holiday weekend?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 10:06 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Where are y'all taking your HCH's for the holiday weekend?

We are going to three BBQs -- one of which is a nice drive out of the city to the Platt river where our Opal Silver Blue gets to visit a Taffeta White cousin. We'll have to take pics of the reunion.

Ahhhh... three day weekend...

Old 08-31-2007, 11:16 AM
Default Re: Where are y'all taking your HCH's for the holiday weekend?

Originally Posted by noflash
We are going to three BBQs -- one of which is a nice drive out of the city to the Platt river where our Opal Silver Blue gets to visit a Taffeta White cousin. We'll have to take pics of the reunion.

Ahhhh... three day weekend...
We're going back to Rocky Mountain NP. The last pictures I posted were just driving through the park, but this time we're camping and hiking for two days.

I'm debating letting my wife drive to see what kind of mileage the HCH can do in the mountains with a "normal" driver.

Old 08-31-2007, 11:41 AM

That sounds awesome. That's why I have been trying to strap my waterproof duffel to our trunk-mounted bike rack.

We're planning on doing a local camping test run (2 hours outside of the city) and then a Rocky Mountain NP trip. We've been told to find Sky Lake and we plan on doing so this fall.

Enjoy and please come back and post pictures.

Ian

Old 08-31-2007, 12:21 PM

Drive safely everyone!

(although I do not think that any hypermilers will be driving fast and crazy)

Old 08-31-2007, 02:07 PM
AJR
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by giantquesadilla
Drive safely everyone!

(although I do not think that any hypermilers will be driving fast and crazy)
No, but everyone else around us will be driving like crazy - be sure to take extra steps for defensive driving!

On another note, hopefully those in northern California are not heading to the San Fran/Bay Area... remember they will be closing the Bay Bridge Friday night through Monday Night for construction! I'm sure the Golden Gate/US 1 will be impossible to use with all the added traffic! And 101 North from San Jose will be a nightmare as well! Also be ready to pack in like sardines if you decide to use BART! Ugh... thank God the Giants game we're going to is NEXT Friday!

Have a happy and safe holiday weekend!

Old 08-31-2007, 03:32 PM
"Manalo"

Last weekend was Las Vegas for a Bachelor's party weekend. Now we're planning on going to Laguna Beach this weekend. Just put in a new set of transmission oil and oil and the HCII doesn't complain

Old 08-31-2007, 04:55 PM
Part Time Hybrids

The HCH stays in the garage this holiday. I'll be adding miles to the bmw on a weekend away with friends down in the RI shore.

Watch Hill, RI is only minutes from the state beach but a whole world away. It’s a small get away spot for the cream of the northeast to anchor the yacht, and enjoy shopping at many fine small establishments and a private beach. If you know people with residence permits and their own family owned covered Cabana it can be a very relaxing vacation still close to home

Did you know?: Watch Hill features the Olympic Tea Room, a small cafe where Katherine Hepburn was once a regular.

Old 09-02-2007, 05:33 AM

I didn't take my car, but I see an HCH I in the parking lot of the hotel I'm staying in at orlando. So someone with an hch I is probably going to disney world.

Old 09-03-2007, 10:56 AM
Enthusiast

We took our brand-new 2007 HCH from Alameda across the SF Bay to church in SF--the l-o-n-g way, via San Mateo. Had a great "road trip," including shopping, on the way home.
It's a comfy, responsive car--all except for the too-far-forward headrest tilt, which hurts our necks...

Jon

Old 09-04-2007, 02:27 PM

Ah... it was a great weekend. Lot's of window-down-drivin'.

I should've taken pics. Next time...