Wierd problem with auto shut off............

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2014, 09:43 AM
Enthusiast
Default Wierd problem with auto shut off............

After owning about every kind of car known to man I was looking for something that could get me 40 mpg and park my big Dodge diesel 4x4 as a get-around vehicle.

I found it!! I bought a nice 2003 Civic with automatic trans and 120,000 on it. The car was well maintained with FULL maintenance records, and boy did I steal it!!! Thee car has a 2 year-old IMA battery in it too!! The car is amazing. I can't get this thing to average less that 40 mpg!!!!!!!!!!

So here's my question: After reading the manual to see how to make the auto shut off system work I enjoyed it for abut a week or so, until I was sitting at a friend's place, waiting for a guy to show up to buy something I have for sale and pressed the "A/C" and "recirculate" buttons a few times.

Now, the only way I can get the car to shut off at a light is to switch off the fan motor. If I have the fan on with the "ECON" button on the car won't shut off!

As an addendum to this, if I'm at a light with the fan off, the car in shut-off mode and switch on the fan, the fan DOES come on, but I can't get the car to auto shut off with the ECON button on.

Other than this minor problem, the stupid forward position of the cup holders and that useless square-cornered storage door in the dash, Honda really popped the cork on this car.

HELP!!!

Old 11-14-2014, 09:49 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Wierd problem with auto shut off............

In defrost mode?

https://www.greenhybrid.com/forums/f...671/#post25187

Old 11-14-2014, 10:30 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Wierd problem with auto shut off............

Originally Posted by S Keith
No - it's not in defrost, but it IS cold outside. I've pretty much gotten it down to cold weather and am thinking about changing the engine's thermostat.

I just wish the issue wouldn't have started all of a sudden like it did!