XM Live Traffic

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 03:23 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default XM Live Traffic

I don't have XM installed on my HCH II, but is it true that XM can be integrated into Honda's Navi system to download real time traffic data?

Old 06-06-2006, 05:52 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: XM Live Traffic

If it can, I would almost consider getting it-except that I have really only 4 routes to get to work and when one is backed up, all are backed up...

I'd be surprised if Honda offered this since the only Honda or Acura model to offer this is the flagship Acura RL...

Old 06-06-2006, 07:31 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

It that exists I HAVE to get it.

I'd almost kill for live constantly updated traffic maps here in Los Angeles rush hour.

Old 06-06-2006, 10:17 PM
Active Enthusiast

Apparently it does in the aftermarket.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/XM-Na...oductDetail.do

Old 06-07-2006, 04:59 AM
Active Enthusiast

I have the Navi and XM radio. However, there are only live traffic stations of major cities like Los Angeles, Boston etc...that you can listen to. It does not integrate with the Navi that looks something like this:

Last edited by Ethanqt; 06-07-2006 at 05:10 AM.
Old 06-07-2006, 10:42 AM
Active Enthusiast

I was looking at an aftermarket Pioneer that I was ready to have installed into a non/NAVI HCH-II that does have XM LiveTraffic integrated. What was neat about it was that it will re-route you in real-time based on traffic (or so I read it that way). From what I was reading, it'll begin re-routing you even before you encounter the traffic by a few miles.

Anyway, I ended up (still waiting after 8 weeks) for a NAVI because just about everywhere I looked, the price difference between the non-NAVI and NAVI is about $800 as the best price I can find even though it should be $1,500 +/-. Since the Pioneer I was looking at was $2,000, I would be losing money if I didn't just get the factory unit instead.

However, the Pioneer had other features. It integrates with the HCH-II environment controls, XM, optional rear-view camera display when revsersing, real-time vehicle statistics and so on.

Thanks,
Shawn