Hybrid & Related News New cars, press releases, articles and more. Reply only. Have news?

BMW concept X6 ActiveHybrid

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 11:46 AM
Site Founder
Default BMW concept X6 ActiveHybrid

BMW has showcased two innovative new systems in the guise BMW Concept X6 Sport Activity Coupé at the 62nd International Motor Show (IAA) in Frankfurt. As well as being the first vehicle to be fitted with a unique stabilization system known as Dynamic Performance Control, the concept incorporates BMW's ActiveHybrid system – a combination of a combustion engine and two high-performance electric motors aimed at delivering greater efficiency over a wider speed range than conventional hybrid designs. The system uses a two-mode active transmission that optimizes performance and efficiency (which is 20% better than for a combustion engine alone according to BMW) - over the full operating range of the car.
http://gizmag.com/go/8035/

Old 09-23-2007, 03:10 PM
Need a Plug
Default Re: BMW concept X6 ActiveHybrid

Very interesting, great find. I had hoped with all that technology that the fuel economy would be improved more than 20%

I guess the Prius will remain the best. I really hate to get one, as the interior is so cheap and the little whels make it look dorky.

I like everything about the Altima Hybrid, except:
1. The fuel economy
2. Cheap carpteing and insulation
3. Poor voice input for the phone and NAV.
4. Weak Bose sound system

Actually a prety short list. I will add B-Quite insulation in the floor and doors, but not much I can do about the rest of it including the speaker upgrade as it is tought on the Bose system.

Old 09-23-2007, 03:21 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Looks good and its nice to see BMW showing interest, but I'll bet it is very expensive!!!

Old 09-23-2007, 11:15 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GripperDon
Very interesting, great find. I had hoped with all that technology that the fuel economy would be improved more than 20%

I guess the Prius will remain the best. I really hate to get one, as the interior is so cheap and the little whels make it look dorky.

I like everything about the Altima Hybrid, except:
1. The fuel economy
2. Cheap carpteing and insulation
3. Poor voice input for the phone and NAV.
4. Weak Bose sound system

Actually a prety short list. I will add B-Quite insulation in the floor and doors, but not much I can do about the rest of it including the speaker upgrade as it is tought on the Bose system.
You should check out the Camry Hybrid...

Old 09-24-2007, 12:15 AM
Need a Plug

Hi johnny

I checked it out very completely, Didn't measure up to the Altima. I may be old but I don't want to drive my Mothers car. I had to get the Altima imported from Carifornia to get it. It's much better than the Camry.

The Camry sound system is even worse than the Altima's and the Handling really sucks wallows around like a mushy tomato besides being very plastic inside.

I will certinally admit it outshines everything but the Altima but then the field is so narrow. The Prius is great for mileage but that it's only strong point and the honda's Civic Hybrid is just plain tiny and a real econobox.

All just my opinions and other may and do differ, don't be offended.

I am hoping the 2010 Volvo is a real thing with Advanced Li batteries and a 60 mile range from the overnight plug in. Can't wait to order one.

Old 09-26-2007, 08:50 PM
Active Enthusiast

It's likely to be greater than 20%. GM originally said that too, but the official numbers are out for the 2-mode Tahoe/Yukon Hybrid, and city fuel economy increased by 50%.

Old 10-03-2007, 07:21 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Harold
Looks good and its nice to see BMW showing interest, but I'll bet it is very expensive!!!
its a BMW+ its a hybrid = $$$