Hybrid & Related News New cars, press releases, articles and more. Reply only. Have news?

CA company offers workers $5k for hybrid purchase

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2004, 12:36 PM
Site Founder

An environmentally minded California software firm says it will give $5,000 to every one of its 1,500 U.S. workers who buys a gas-electric hybrid vehicle rated 45 miles per gallon or more in highway driving.

Automakers and environmentalists say it's the biggest, wildest hybrid incentive they know of. "That's a pretty hot deal: My company is paying me for buying a car I really want anyway," says John Hanson, spokesman for Toyota.

View entire article here.

Old 11-30-2004, 12:47 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

That is a great incentive.
I work for BellSouth and here they push the day workers to take the public system.
They can stll drive if they wish but must have $130 per month deducted from their check for parking (Or risk sitting next to a drunk, or the female workdes commuters being "eye fondled" by some nasty sitting across).

Glad I work nights, I'm exempt from the parking fee

Old 11-30-2004, 04:21 PM
Enthusiast

That is awesome. That's about 25% of the cars price.....what a deal. To bad my company won't do that...

Old 11-30-2004, 10:03 PM
Active Enthusiast

This announcement was listed today in the San Jose Mercury News, business section. The Company is Hyperion Solutions - the one who developed the software for both the HCH and the Prius. They expect about 200 of their 2500 employees to jump at this opportunity (about $1 Million) in the next year.

Maybe we can get some of these new owners to develope some upgrades to our cars? It would be nice if they could add to the MFD - Miles to empty, Tach, Oil Pressure, Water Temp, Auto door locks, etc. since all the info is availabe in some form in the system.

Old 03-16-2005, 06:47 AM
Default Anyone heard any more news from Hyperion?

I am just DYING to know how many Hyperion employees have taken the company up on their offer....

Anyone know anybody who works for Hyperion, or any contacts at all with the company?

Old 03-16-2005, 08:50 AM

Hi All:

___I work for one of the larger electricity generators here in the states and to think what could be offered to us in terms of pure EV’s or PHEV’s given we make the stuff for ~ $.011 per KWh. It just makes me wish there was an incentive similar to the Hyperion guys (not to purchase but to convert) with a free charging station on site in the owner controlled protected area. With that, I would convert the little beauty to a pure EV and maybe $10 - 12K worth of packs, motors, and controllers … I wonder how I would calculate the FE in the RHMDB Oh well, I can dream.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net