Hybrid & Related News New cars, press releases, articles and more. Reply only. Have news?

Can green cars make it in Russia?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 11:47 AM
Site Founder
Default Can green cars make it in Russia?

From the USA to the UK, from Israel to India, the world appears to be embracing the green car concept. However, there is one country that is yet to catch green fever - Russia.
The car market in Russia is booming but hybrid cars are certainly not all the rage with few on sale. Now however, car manufacturers are taking a new approach - by appealing to those who like to drive cutting edge technology and who like to set the trends.
The range of hybrid vehicles offered by Lexus is one of the few to enjoy sales success in the country and now Toyota and Honda are considering bringing their most popular models to dealerships next year.
http://www.thegreencarwebsite.co.uk/...-it-in-russia/

Old 04-16-2010, 08:41 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Can green cars make it in Russia?

I hope so... I really hope so... and I will always be hoping for that change of views from people which the environment needs now....

Old 06-15-2012, 08:30 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Can green cars make it in Russia?

Well, I think yes, It produced a car with the joint venture of Mikhail Prokhorov’s. Green car market now a days growing fastly and every government to promote this.