Hybrid & Related News New cars, press releases, articles and more. Reply only. Have news?

General Motors First Hybrid Sedan Coming 2007

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 04:11 PM
Site Founder
Default General Motors First Hybrid Sedan Coming 2007

Hot on the heels of the recently launched Saturn Vue Green Line, Saturn will introduce their second hybrid, the Aura Hybrid Sedan in 2007.
The Aura Green Line will feature the same Belt Alternator Hybrid System hybrid system powering the Vue Green Line. And mark, GM's entry into the hybrid passenger car market.
As a 4-door, mid-sized family sedan, the Aura Green Line will face competition in the hybrid sedan segment from the Honda Accord Hybrid and the Camry Hybrid.
http://www.hybridcar.com/news/in-the...an-2007-2.html

Old 10-24-2006, 02:33 PM
Hybrid-Hugger
Default Re: General Motors First Hybrid Sedan Coming 2007

They need to focus on quality before going down the hybrid road. I see more attention to "style" then quality of build- my last 2 GM's have had unacceptable service records (and recalls). I would hate to see what their hybrid creation attached to their old engines would do down the road.

Old 10-24-2006, 02:40 PM
Engineering first

Will there be an instanious or even ordinary MPG guage?

GM knows how to put them in Cadilacs and Buicks. If they don't put one in their hybrids, it shouts a different message.

Bob Wilson

Last edited by bwilson4web; 10-24-2006 at 02:43 PM.
Old 10-25-2006, 12:24 PM
Hybrid True Believer

Since the Aura is a much smaller vehicle than the VUE, the BAS hybrid system will probably be more effective. It's too bad the system only has 36 volts.

Old 10-25-2006, 02:54 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I think this is great news! The more hybrid options out there, the better, and it's especially fantastic to see sedans being hybridized by an American company. If I'm not mistaken, this is the first American car company to hybridize a sedan- about time!

Nothing in this article says anything about where it would be produced, however, or more specifically, if it would be union-made. Anyone know the union situation with GM sedans? Would this be at all likely to be made by union workers? Guesses? Hard information, anyone?

Old 10-25-2006, 03:12 PM
occ
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by leahbeatle
I think this is great news! The more hybrid options out there, the better, and it's especially fantastic to see sedans being hybridized by an American company. If I'm not mistaken, this is the first American car company to hybridize a sedan- about time!
Ford is slated to come out with Ford Fusion and Mercury Milan Hybrid in 2008 models....based on hybrid powertrain like the FEH, so I believe it will have eCVT and a decent motor/battery as well.

http://localdc.com/fusionhybrid.htm
http://media.ford.com/article_displa...ticle_id=20160

Old 10-26-2006, 10:23 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Occ: Yeah, I heard about the Milan, but this claims it will be out in 2007, and the Milan is supposedly 2008. Not sure about the Fusion. I don't know why a later-announced car would be available earlier, and of course, things change, or the reports are off, or whatever. I guess I'll have to wait and see which one will be 'first' when the cars actually start rolling off lots, and then I'll believe it. Calendar years, model years- the possibility for ambiguity in reports is perpetual.

Old 10-31-2006, 01:01 PM
Happy HiHy Owner

Sorry to be such a cynic....but......if GM really has their act together and has developed a new hybrid car, lets hear more details. By details I dont mean if it is/is not union made but real meat about their new offering. From what I see I equate this to vaporware in the software industry. All the announcment means to do is create a marketing hype that says.....wait for a good old US company's hybrid......don't buy a foreign company's car.....trust us it will be great, economical, stylish, and reliable. really.......trust us........... please don't think too hard.....

Old 11-02-2006, 09:42 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by leahbeatle

Nothing in this article says anything about where it would be produced, however, or more specifically, if it would be union-made. Anyone know the union situation with GM sedans? Would this be at all likely to be made by union workers? Guesses? Hard information, anyone?
Leahbeatle and All,

I don't have a hybrid yet ... still looking. Regarding the hybrid Saturn Aura, I just received a note from the company saying it's being manufactured in the Kansas City area, and that test drivers have just started driving it. I've test-driven a non-hybrid Aura, and I was quite impressed with it. I'd just like something with higher mpg.

Old 11-09-2006, 02:17 PM

I just got the Saturn Vue Greenline Hybrid. It's economical to purchase and is getting good milage. I'm averaging about 25mpg for the first 600 miles. The Aura is a very nice car and should provide excellent milage at a reasonable cost. I'm a first time Saturn owner and am very happy with the car so far. The 5 year, 100,00 mile warranty is a bonus on the hybrid powertrain.

Quick Reply: General Motors First Hybrid Sedan Coming 2007

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands